Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summer time...

Default Summer time...

As summer is just aroung the corner, what are the things that keeps you excited about summer?

For me summer means fishing. Off to Kalbarri in Dec and Wagoe in Jan. It will be my first time to try balloon fishing. Im planning to do some trial first during my off before our trip to kalbarri.

My goal this summer is to catch a 10kg+ mulloway.....

I would like to get into the habit of regular exercise again.

This is the time of the year i hate most, sweaty body, bugs/mossies, warm nights and cant sleep... i wished it was winter all yr around

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    This is the time of the year i hate most, sweaty body, bugs/mossies, warm nights and cant sleep... i wished it was winter all yr around
    QFT
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

haha! I'm the opposite Summer whole year round is my preference....

This. I agree with. Winter for the win thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by James18 View Post
    A It will be my first time to try balloon fishing.
    Why fish for balloons? You can buy them in the shops

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    haha! I'm the opposite Summer whole year round is my preference....
    Same. While winter does take out a few battles, summer wins the war hands down! Afternoons where you can do something other than freeze your gonads off in the dark, ocean warm enough to swim in, beer and cricket at the north gong pub, all these things and more make summer pure awesome!

I have succeeded in getting back on my bike (literally) and MTB riding this summer is back as one of my top priorities after illness and injury plagued me all winter, and am considering learning to scuba dive, but funds (or lack thereof), may push that back to next summer. Gonna jump out of a perfectly good airplane over North Beach this summer (if any of you would like to join me, let me know!!).

All of this summer awesomeness has to be crammed into just 2 of the 3 summer months though, because I'll be spending 1 of those months in the northern hemisphere! Woo!! Back to winter!!! Europe, watch out!!

All in all, I'm VERY much looking forward to summer…
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Winter has it's advanages like footy season, electric blankets and hot chocolate (This past winter I ordered a white hot chocolate from the coffe club and the girl behind the counter asked me "Would you like a couple of malteasers in your hot chocolate?" I didn't reply as I was overcome with euphoria). But living in a small surfing town Summer wins hands down. The whole town just seems more alive in Summer time thus making me feel more alive.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Agreed. I live in a tourist town that is overrun by idiots this time of year. And they're all rude. Working in hopsitality does nothing to to help either.
    Summer means long days in a hot kitchen dealing with people to stupid to remember what they orderred.
    I like winter. You can always put more clothes on to warm up. There is a limit as to how much you can take off in public.

I love wearing singlets/cotton shirts and shorts.
    Less laundry. That's why there's more tourists coz summer is the time to do stuff.

Wearing additional clothes is more troublesome for me. More work for laundry. You can't really hang your clothes to dry.

You only feel good during the hot shower. When you step out, you're freezing again.

This is one of the reasons I prefer Sydney to Melbourne and why I'd like to see the gold coast and have more holidays in the tropics.