Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: toywiz.com feedback

Default toywiz.com feedback

is toywiz.com a reliable source to buy transformers from?

alot of their pricing is even beyond scalper levels.

are they reliable though with shipping and delivery?

Yeah I'd also like to know if they are trustworthy - yes their prices are expensive for some items, however some of their other items are cheaper and are actually available there.

So?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd slam my d**k in a car door before buying from them.

They're owned and run by the owner of WIZARD magazine (now defunct), and associated conventions, and what used to be Toyfare magazine.

Their prices are insane, they got preferential treatment, and now, with the Wizard store gone, and just them, who knows?

MANY MANY MANY people had bad dealings with the Wizard online store, and are still owed goods, refunds, etc. This included figures and associated products (busts/statues etc). Some were simply never shipped, others were shipped months later, and/or broken.

Personally, I'd consider it too risky given the association, and shop elsewhere.
    Last edited by SofaMan; 29th January 2012 at 05:06 PM.

I ordered sone Sonic the Hedgehog figires from them and despite the delaying of the whole order due to some preordered figures and then another delay due to a back shipment of one of the early orders being unavailable, I ended up with them ok.

Some of the rpices are ridiculous, although not for my Sonic figs, hmm.. Not anm entirely ositive experience, but not a horrid one either. I'd put them next to Robotkingdom in my experience rating, which is average I guess.

I've ordered from them twice - TFC Inferno and eHobby Overcharge. Both were reasonably priced when compared to eBay otherwise I wouldn't have bothered ordering from them.

Sure, a lot of their items are over-priced but you will be able to find some bargains every so often.

I had no trouble whatsoever in dealing with Toywiz.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Ordered from them, once. After a few delays the use of the word 'chargeback' got things moving along again.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Hey! I work with ToyWiz and thought I'd weigh in on this thread when I saw it.

First - to dispel a rumor - we've never been owned or operated by Wizard Magazine, Toyfare, etc. That's simply never been true.

As for being reliable, we've been in business over 20 years. We have both a physical store in New York and a large online store. You can reach us by phone or email with any questions or problems. You can even email me personally - I allowed messages through this board at my @toywiz.com address.

As for shipping, on in-stock items we usually ship the next business day after an order is placed. Often it's the same day, but that does depend on what time the order comes in and whether it is a regular workday (not a holiday/weekend when carriers aren't running).

If there's something I can help you with, do let me know. I hope this helps a bit!

Thanks!
    Bebs

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You're right sorry.

You're owned by the owner's BROTHER.

My bad.

The rest stands true, including that close relationship with the company (WOS Pin Pal exclusive, anyone?)