Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: toywiz.com feedback

Hi, and I'm really sorry you had to call in over the digits
    I'm bringing this up with our CS manager to see what happened and why that was the case.

I can only l answer in general as to why it might have happened right now. One common issue is that a card is "flagged" for being a purchase outside of a customer's usual buying habits. That's a fraud protection that sometimes happens particularly with overseas orders. A sudden charge appearing in New York from someone who normally shops locally can raise an alert. When that happens, we have to speak with the customer.

Again, I don't know that this is the exact situation here, though it is the most common explanation. But I don't actually work in billing or shipping, so I'm going with what I know from limited experience!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ToyWizBebs View Post
    Hi, and I'm really sorry you had to call in over the digits
    I'm bringing this up with our CS manager to see what happened and why that was the case.

I can only l answer in general as to why it might have happened right now. One common issue is that a card is "flagged" for being a purchase outside of a customer's usual buying habits. That's a fraud protection that sometimes happens particularly with overseas orders. A sudden charge appearing in New York from someone who normally shops locally can raise an alert. When that happens, we have to speak with the customer.

Again, I don't know that this is the exact situation here, though it is the most common explanation. But I don't actually work in billing or shipping, so I'm going with what I know from limited experience!
    That call would be made from the bank's relevant credit card department, so that can't have been it. Doesn't mean that you guys didn't want to verify it, but that's different to what you describe here.

I believe it would have been just to supply the CSV, as it is odd that he wasn't asked for it at the time of the order, plus probably to verify for yourselves it was real.

Cat, you may be correct - I'm certainly not an expert on billing, so my understanding may be imperfect. I just know that this kind of issue is often the reason a call-in is needed. While there are protections with the bank that issued the card, we also have to comply with policies required by the card processing systems we use. But when it comes down to the details of those arrangements, or even whether this applies to this order, I'm no expert!

Again, please bear with me. I've notified our owner and managers about this inconvenience to see if there's anything we can do to make it better and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyWizBebs View Post
    Cat, you may be correct - I'm certainly not an expert on billing, so my understanding may be imperfect. I just know that this kind of issue is often the reason a call-in is needed. While there are protections with the bank that issued the card, we also have to comply with policies required by the card processing systems we use. But when it comes down to the details of those arrangements, or even whether this applies to this order, I'm no expert!

Again, please bear with me. I've notified our owner and managers about this inconvenience to see if there's anything we can do to make it better and easier.
    Thanks for replying ToyWizBebs, I'll update this thread once I get the package.

Today I got my package.

Delivery was QUICK, and everything is INTACT.

So I'm happy that I got my order safe and sound.

So let's sum up my experiences with ToyWiz.

Positives:
    - Quick, safe delivery (++ with UPS shipping if spend over $175 on site)
    - Has range of toys unable to get elsewhere online (e.g. rare Halo Mega Blok sets)

Negatives:
    - Inconvenient Payment Processing System (needing call-card to call US to confirm CVC card)
    - Cannot quote postage until end of transaction

Neutral:
    - Pricey, but unable to find items elsewhere.

Would I shop here again?

Yeah. I would, despite the mass negative feedback this site has all over the web I don't find it that bad. Most complaints are targeted towards the prices but for toys I can't find elsewhere, the prices are decent. Yes, there were some issues at the start but everything seems to have gone smoother towards the end. Perhaps a suggestion is to allow customers, if paying via Credit Card is to enter their CVC on the website instead of having to call ToyWiz, especially if they are situated outside of the US.

Expect me to be returning to this site and further reviews shall be posted here in future...

http://www.mwctoys.com/FEATURE_072301.html

There we go.

This covers the 'Pin Pal Burns' situation I mentioned earlier.

Eleven and a half years ago... if they're still in business after all that time, they must be doing more right than wrong now.
    But as with any purchase, it is good to find out as much as you can first, and if you still aren't sure, just don't commit too much at first to test it out.

I don't like RobotKingdom either, but I won't hassle people buying from there, or keep hounding them about their many failures just with my orders. I've posted up my bad experiences on their feedback topic, and just left it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Eleven and a half years ago... if they're still in business after all that time, they must be doing more right than wrong now.
    But as with any purchase, it is good to find out as much as you can first, and if you still aren't sure, just don't commit too much at first to test it out.

I don't like RobotKingdom either, but I won't hassle people buying from there, or keep hounding them about their many failures just with my orders. I've posted up my bad experiences on their feedback topic, and just left it at that.
    I fail to see where I've hassled anyone buying there. Skywarp91 seems just fine, so if I've hassled him, I'm not very good at it.

I also corrected Toywizbobs on a common banking misconception. It's my industry, and it's something I see a lot. There was no malice in that post, just a mere correction of a common misconception.

I also noted that the Pin Pal incident I was talking about was a while ago. I posted the above account simply to elaborate more on it. If you want newer info, you can do as I suggested and google them, and read through more recent stories for yourself, again, as I had mentioned earlier. If you want to discard the Pin Pal incident, that's completely fine, as I said it was old. In fact, in posting that link I basically said it all over again, as everything is clearly dated! My posting that link made it CLEARER, not murkier. I could have twisted it to look recent, or I could be honest. Honesty means you never have to change your story. There's much more recent stories though, as I said earlier, google them for yourself, and decide for yourself.

Also, longetivity of a business doesn't necessarily equal quality. I know a general store that lasted 36 years by cheating customers when it came time to giving them change: saying they'd given a smaller note than they had, and giving them less change. 36 years straight of doing that!

And really, we're here due to a love of a kids property that has almost 30 years of history, so time seems a tad less relevant to me.
    Last edited by Cat; 8th February 2012 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks for sharing your recent experience SkyWarp91. I've been contemplating an order with them and it's nice to know things haven't changed.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hey thanks for updating. For some reason this thread stopped notifying me of responses by email and I didn't get back over for awhile. My apologies for the delay.

I'm glad this one went well, and now that you're in our system I don't think you'll have to call in for the card if you order again. You should have "confirmed" status now.

If anyone here ever has a problem or a question, please email me directly: anissa@toywiz.com. I'm always glad to help.