Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Funny Transformer Ripoffs & KOs

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Also what gets me is the fact most KO's have the handle on the box. Why exactly I don't know.
    The same reason most other boxes have handles on them

Saw this last week at a convenience store.
    The artwork and toy head is clearly based on Optimus... while the artwork has a very Pat Lee vibe to it, but I don't recognise it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The kids magazines at the supermarkets and newsagents are regulars with these KOs... at least once a year, and these were in Coles last week (Mania Magazine).
    Oversized and modified Legends Optimus and Bumblebee.

I like the "allegiance" symbols on the packaging... reminds me of the Unicron "allegiance" that some ehobby toys had on a sticker sheet.
    I saw some of these a few months back while getting some proper TFs and while waiting in the que I picked one up and compare it to the real AoE Legion Prime and though 'wow, so crap'.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

This one time I went to Sam's Warehouse at Penrith, and they had Knock off Kre-O Transformers. Not talking about the minifigures which you can find anywhere, but the actual big sets.
    I had a photo of them in stock, but I can't find it, so here's a picture of what the set is:

Another time I went to Shenzen while on Holidays, and the funny thing about that place was the fact the only Legit thing (other than the food) they had was, 1 Human Alliance Leadfoot! Most of the Transformers they had there were dodgy, but the best Knockoff I found was a Lego Optimus Prime, which you could build and transform! Of cause, being a knockoff a lot of the pieces fell off quickly and it's now scatted in my lego boxes, but it was still a good concept. Again can't find the photos I took, but here's what it looks like:

I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

When you are doing fairly accurate KOs in Australia, you don't want to leave your contact details on the packaging.
    These look to be the same size and colourings as the 2007 Legends Movie Bumblebee toy. Just the packaging is unusual... and amusing.
    Bumblebee is one sexy beast, with the function of "looker".

I remember this one time I went bowling in Blacktown and there was this arcade across from there and one of the prizes was an oversized KO Bumblebee. Being the kid I was who didn't give a crap whether it was Legit or not, I won myself it.
    It's long gone now, but it wasn't the last KO Bumblebee I got.
    This one time at Normanhurst West, they had a fair and someone was selling again, oversized KO Bumblebee's, but the paint was so bad I just had to grab one. Don't know what happened to him, but all I know is that it was crap
    And my last knockoff Bumblebee isn't even bumblebee, but a different robot from a different brand transforming into a car that isn't even a Camaro! How is it a KO Bumblebee if it isn't Bumblebee? It was painted to look like Bumblebee!

I don't have any photos, but because I want to upload a pic of a KO Bumblebee, enjoy this one I found on the interwebs:

http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com...gnam_Style.jpg
    Last edited by griffin; 30th June 2015 at 07:11 PM. Reason: hotlinking
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Wow no posts since 2012? I swear there was another one of these threads flying around with more recent postings

anyway, let the KreO ripoffs begin!

I'm surprised that Kreo is even worth knocking off, though the quality of the vacuum metallisation looks pretty good.
    Wheres this?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    When you are doing fairly accurate KOs in Australia, you don't want to leave your contact details on the packaging.
    These look to be the same size and colourings as the 2007 Legends Movie Bumblebee toy. Just the packaging is unusual... and amusing.
    Bumblebee is one sexy beast, with the function of "looker".

May I ask how much these costed? And where from?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Wow no posts since 2012? I swear there was another one of these threads flying around with more recent postings

anyway, let the KreO ripoffs begin!

I'm surprised that Kreo is even worth knocking off, though the quality of the vacuum metallisation looks pretty good.
    where would these be available?

Some which I found online.

It's the Super Strong God - DEFORMATION 2!!

And the Taikongshenrs!