Thread: JLA/Transformers crossover (comic) pitch

Default JLA/Transformers crossover (comic) pitch

Now THIS would have been interesting....

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...deniably-epic/

The arts shows (from left): Piranacon vs Aquaman who seems to be carrying Sea Spray's head
    Rodimus?
    Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Prowl and Black Canary with what I presume is Batman's mecha suit
    Megatron with seekers and what I presume is Unicron's hand
    Arcee, Mirage and Ratchet on Themyscira with Wonder Woman's invisible jet Transformer
    Flash and the Insecticons
    ...and OMG Optimus as a member of the Green Lantern Corps!!!

Saw it on Facebook. Great art by Phil Jimenez. Pity it wouldn't happen coz of the new 52 reformat. Plus the fact that I think the DC heroes are just too powerful in the original universe. TFs would get busted and broken easy with a level 10 strength Superman and Wonder woman alone, not to mention if they started including the Marvel family - each a super powerhouse on their own. Then there's the Martian Manhunter and Powergirl, put all those together and then well we've got an easy win over the Decepticons in ...oh I dunno within less than an hour... Oh and the green lantern corps would wipe out the remaining scraps if there's any left. But over all it's a good concept and excellent artwork
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I don't get the reported reason of "can't do it because of 52"... what's wrong with calling it an Elseworlds?

Default DC Turned Down Justice League Transformers.

This would have been so much better than Transformers/Avengers:

From Topless Robot and Phil Jiminez's Twitter.

Optimus Prime as a Green Lantern, Aquaman versus the aquatic Decepticons and Wonder Woman's invisible plane as an Autobot!

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I don't get the reported reason of "can't do it because of 52"... what's wrong with calling it an Elseworlds?
    Well, we better ask DC about it coz all of their titles have been drastically revamped , costumes etc. all traces of the original universe in all the comic titles have been revamped. Frankly I dont like the new 52 much really. The new 52 feels more "elseworlds" to me more than anything. which is why I only collect JLA - though I hated the idea of Martian Manhunter being in Authority instead of JLA in this New 52 universe. Probably they wanna promote the new look more since there may be resistance from long time fans/readers so they're shying away from the old "look" as much as possible.

It's like Hasbro's approach really... the current line is this... so no more talk of the old has been line. Focus.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Could have been an interesting mini or maxi series (could have been done as a tie in with the general storyline of AHM and let us finish the Furmanverse "-tion" series as the real book) but set in an alternate universe.

Also the timing would be wrong now, DC would have wanted to pump a tie in like this with the movies to generate publicity.

Also would depend on what kind of overpowered Superman the Cybertronians would have to deal with.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)