Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1121262728293031

Thread: Bay to do TMNT

Thanks Paulbot.
    I remembered in one of the earlier trailers some guy was telling April that Shredder was her father. I was like O_o`

Did they change anything from the original story?
    I know, I know, I can watch it and find out, but I dont want to watch this until I find out more about it. My disgust with it is already borderline with the designs of the turtles.

If by original story you mean the black and white comics, then yes they changed a lot of things. There's inspiration from most (maybe all) of the various versions of TMNT.

On the plus side, they are definitely not aliens. On the downside, Daredevil is not involved in their origin.

As I say I think it's closest to the current IDW comic origin but the general broad strokes origin is still in play. It's much closer than the TF movie is to the original TF story(s).

Alright. Glad to know its not to different. I knew it wouldnt follow the true origin story but be some incarnation of it.

I just learned that there will be a squeal.. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

I watched this last weekend and it's easily the best Turtles movie to date.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I tried for weeks to get My wife or friends to come watch this with me, the weekend I was going to go see it on my own and it's no longer showing. looks like a rental some time down the track.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It was indeed an enjoyable film, however I was constantly taken out of the film whenever Mikey would talk/refer to April: WTF was up with that? - "Hello baby, Oh! - My shell's getting tighter!"... !?!

How they explained the whole Ninjitsu/Ancient Japanese Teachings of the Turtles and (More so) Splinter was just ridiculous and a last-minute thought which clearly few neurons were committed.

There were also some scenes that were very obviously "3D"-scenes and in a 2D viewing looked like bad '90s CG composition, like, "Next Mutation" level! - Specifically one where it's Splinter & April standing face to face, April wasn't even looking in Splinter's direction for Pete's sake!

I also agree with those that felt the film was too April-centric; it damn well was and though the Brothers Green got more screen time than any Transformer did in a film of the last decade, they still deserved more I feel.

Beyond those issues I quite enjoyed it and am looking forward to its sequel, hopefully with less Mikey/April sexual innuendo and more Turtles in general - I will also say that the guy doing Donnie's voice sure does do a good Rob Paulsen impersonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    How they explained the whole Ninjitsu/Ancient Japanese Teachings of the Turtles and (More so) Splinter was just ridiculous and a last-minute thought which clearly few neurons were committed.
    Is Splinter being "a pet of my master Yoshi, mimicking his movements from my cage and learning the mysterious art of Ninjitsu" much better? Or the reincarnation stuff in the IDW comics?

At least 2014Movie Splinter learnt from a book by some talented guys I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Is Splinter being "a pet of my master Yoshi, mimicking his movements from my cage and learning the mysterious art of Ninjitsu" much better? Or the reincarnation stuff in the IDW comics?

At least 2014Movie Splinter learnt from a book by some talented guys I believe...
    I feel the original cartoon's origins would've worked better, as I just can't see 15 years being enough time to master an art to a "Miyagi"-level, you know?... Plus that little Rat puppet in the cage in the original was just cool!

It was the weakest part of the film for me and I feel it's likely a result of that mid-production halt the film experienced.