Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FansToys FT-02 Acoustic Wave [MP SOUNDWAVE]

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Looking back through the pics of FansToys Acoustic Wave, anyone a bit suspect that the very first prototype might have been a stolen early prototype of the official MP Soundwave?

FansToys' second prototype changed so much (for what reason?) from the first, which looks much closer to the real MP Soundwave... you have to wonder!
    It does beg the question, why would they bother doing anything if they had even the slightest idea that TakaraTomy would release one too!

I don't think that FansToys was aware of the design. The overall Soundwave design is very straight forward so it's very easy for different parties to create similar deisigns for a Micro cassette recorder Soundwave. This is specially so since both designs are going to be based on the G1 toy and character model.

There is also considerable but understandably subtle design discrepancies making both very different if you carefully analyze them.

I think this project has been pretty much buried by the MP Soundwave announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I think this project has been pretty much buried by the MP Soundwave announcement.
    About a month ago, I heard it was cancelled.

I wonder if TakaraTomy may have moved as quickly to release MP Soundwave if a third party producer did not announce plans for a not-MP not-Soundwave.

Sucks for fanstoys. The amount of hours and development put into "Acoustic Wave" for nothing

I reckon it would've been much more expensive than the offical MP too, but probably would've came with the cassettes.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Sucks for fanstoys. The amount of hours and development put into "Acoustic Wave" for nothing

I reckon it would've been much more expensive than the offical MP too, but probably would've came with the cassettes.
    I doubt it. Recently, Japanese MP figures have been more expensive than 3rd parties.

I just hope that in the future, the 3rd parties concentrate more in doing characters that Hasbro would never do. I would love an MP Fortmax or Overlord for example. It is highly unlikely Hasbro would do those characters as MPs and they would have fan demand.

Up until recently Soundwave did seem like a character Hasbro would never do.

Maybe someone should make a 3rd party MP Chromedome?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Up until recently Soundwave did seem like a character Hasbro would never do.

Maybe someone should make a 3rd party MP Chromedome?
    I would dig that.

Id like to see a third party MP Triple changer - Blitzwing or Astrotrain would be awesome!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I would definitely love an Astrotrain or Blitzwing!