Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2535404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon US items (available to us)

I've already compared the price of a few things between Amazon AU and Amazon US and found the US, including exchange and shipping to still be significantly cheaper.. Amazon AU is still a joke.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Fark. There goes cheap shipping. Amazon.com.au is GREATLY overpriced with drastically reduced range. I wouldn't mind so much shipping to a us address but the bastiches often ship out items one by one, and my shipper has a per parcel rate and changes a great deal extra to combine.

Can anyone think of a better lower cost alternative that shipito.com? I don't know what the market is like, and any competitors
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Even ignoring prices Aus won't even get Transformers and I don't expect that to change.

Amazon has been a bit hit-miss lately but it is where I get things like Rescue Bots and other oddities that don't show up here.

As I mentioned down in the GST thread. Amazon is saying they are going to block us from the US and other non-AU based Amazon sites.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...31-p4zikr.html

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    As I mentioned down in the GST thread. Amazon is saying they are going to block us from the US and other non-AU based Amazon sites.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/c...31-p4zikr.html
    The only tiny bit of joy I've taken from this story is in the idiots who are posting "I have a geoblocker service / vpn on my computer, so I'll still be able to buy stuff!!!" without realising that they wont be able to enter an Australian postal address....

It's a sad day for consumers, we are being isolated and treated poorly because of a few vocal idiots. The actions of the few screwing the rest of us over. Amazon au will never have the range or prices that the overseas versions do.

This better not affect book depository.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've already compared the price of a few things between Amazon AU and Amazon US and found the US, including exchange and shipping to still be significantly cheaper.. Amazon AU is still a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Fark. There goes cheap shipping. Amazon.com.au is GREATLY overpriced with drastically reduced range. I wouldn't mind so much shipping to a us address but the bastiches often ship out items one by one, and my shipper has a per parcel rate and changes a great deal extra to combine.
    This is a major reason that these new laws are such a kick in the teeth to rural customers . I've done the vast majority of my shopping online in the last 7 years because I'm so far from actual stores, and it's always worked out cheaper to get something shipped from the US or Japan than from Sydney or Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Amazon has been a bit hit-miss lately but it is where I get things like Rescue Bots and other oddities that don't show up here.
    Well the only two RescueBots characters my son and I never got were Salvage and Sideswipe. Salvage is $250 on Amazon and Sideswipe was in stores here but too dear for such a shitty toy so I decided to wait for him to drop in price, but now he goes for about $50 on Amazon too

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

This better not affect book depository.
    ERMERGERD!!

I need to do a catch up purchase of transformers trades before the end of June.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

At least they give us some warning I guess.

And guess who's doing the rounds on news sites... moaning about amazon having an advantage, but he misses the point that it's only if the item is available in this country. The ABC news presenter pushed him (Gerry Harvey) on if he will be making his prices more competitive but he wouldn't answer it, wanting to talk about tax instead.
    Last edited by griffin; 31st May 2018 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    With the new GST laws being effective 1 July this year, Amazon is now going to redirect all Australian customers to the Amazon Au website (and probably prevent you from checking out if you tried to buy on the US website with an Australian address).

As a compromise, it will expand the range on the Au website to include some US items. Unfortunately, we won't get the same range and prices will probably be worse than if you bought directly from the US site in the past.

Sigh.

Source
    If you use a proxy IP (select US region) then it cannot do so,there are paid ones and also free ones.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой