Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Transformers GT - Japan Super GT and Transformers Collaboration

The proportions look a little strange but I guess they had to take into account the existing transformation.

What's this issue with Anime Export? I've never bought from there so don't know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    What's this issue with Anime Export? I've never bought from there so don't know what to expect.
    They've always been really good for me. Great customer service and very fast shipping. The only down side is that occasionally boxes get damaged during shipping as they pack with minimal protection, usually just a few layers of styrofoam - hasn't happened to me yet tho.

Oh, and you pay upfront with shipping on arrival. You also have to request shipping, otherwise it just sits there - similar to Toy Wholesaler.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

These TF's have also sparked my interest as i want to expand my collection, any idea how big or what class size these TF's will be?

I haven't heard anything about size, but all the images we've seen so far make them look like they'll be retools of Alternity Convoy, which is about deluxe size.

Quote Originally Posted by seespotrun View Post
    I haven't heard anything about size, but all the images we've seen so far make them look like they'll be retools of Alternity Convoy, which is about deluxe size.
    Oh well, guess I'll probably just give these a pass, but who knows, may be welcome additions to my collection if they look masterpiece worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Oh well, guess I'll probably just give these a pass, but who knows, may be welcome additions to my collection if they look masterpiece worthy.
    Discounting (what look to be fairly minimal) retooling, these will be the 4th-7th reuse of this mould. I remember picking up a silver Alternity Convoy, it'll give you an idea on whether you like the mould or not.

The Optimus has been shown at a Japanese racing event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Anime Export have them for 30% off ($88 each). They don't always have the best packing tho.
    I thought at first that the US$120+ (full) price was for a case of two or three, since the originals were about $40 each.... Can these 'slight remould with new paint and figurine', really be worth a tripling of the price? Even the past exclusive ones were "only" $80 at markup places like RK in the link above. It's not even a new mould, which would have been cheaper.
    I wonder what makes them think anyone would pay more than the price of a Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus (which is US$100-120) for something the size of a Deluxe, that has been released 5 times already.

These look great. Not sure they're worth $120usd but realistic paint jobs on die-cast TFs is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Discounting (what look to be fairly minimal) retooling, these will be the 4th-7th reuse of this mould. I remember picking up a silver Alternity Convoy, it'll give you an idea on whether you like the mould or not.
    1st - A-01 Nissan GT-R - Convoy - Vibrant Red
    - A-01 Nissan GT-R - Convoy - Ultimate Silver
    2nd - A-01 Nissan GT-R - Convoy - Super Black
    3rd - A-01U Nissan GT-R - Ultra Magnus - Brilliant White Pearl
    4th - A-01 Nissan GT-R - Dai Atlas - Aurora Flare Blue Pearl
    5th - A-01 Nissan GT-R - Convoy - Vibrant Red (re-issue)
    6th - Super GT-01 GTR Prime
    - Super GT-02 GTR Saber
    7th - Super GT-03 GTR Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I wonder what makes them think anyone would pay more than the price of a Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus (which is US$100-120) for something the size of a Deluxe, that has been released 5 times already.
    Because they can, and so they will. They sold out almost instantly on Amiami. BBTS has also stopped pre-orders.
    MP-10 Convoy sold well at double Hasbro's price point - different markets.
    The GT series probably won't be available outside of Japan.

Licensing and exclusivity go a long way. They could probably double the price again if they can get a picture of Hatsune Miku on the bonnet, include her figure with it, and limit the release to 5000 pieces.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got a question - will these still be in die-cast metal or like in the later Kiss players Takara went plastic? From the pics they do look a little plastic...