Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334353637384353 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

I only read Reborn, then began Steve Rogers: Super Soldier and Secret Avengers.

To me, it doesnt seem like I missed a lot...

Oh, and read Nemesis #3

WOW! truly, truly messed up! Not sure if this is what Millar set out to do, but....

me and everyone I know who reads think Nemesis is the biggest douche and cant wait to see him taken down!!

I loved the early Brubaker stories but I was getting a bit restless as a reader with the "new" Captain America. With my budget tightening I think Captain America might go.

one of the things i have tired with marvel.. is the constant event stories
    from civil war -> secret invasion -> Siege -> whatever is happening next,

it was all too much to handle and there was no real development of the individual character titles cap was the shining title Iron Man was great Thor too... but alot of the others were dullish and needed the event title books to make sense of.

The amount of Deadpool books is a joke itself

and the absoulte butchering of The Punsiher is absurd..... good to see him popping up in shadowland normally...

i myself recently had a MASSIVE cull of my titles chopping almost 25 books off my list from Hulk to some Avenger titles transformers didnt get the chop yet, probably in the vain hope it will get better and we get some good stories...

i wonder if we will se a drop in the comic prices......
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Nothing is happening next with Marvel. Seige and Heroic Age were the goal (hoepfully)

Would you have preffered Frank remain dead and sliced up into peices at the bottom of an alley?

For what he had his sights on, Osborn and The Hood (a little too much for even The Punisher), it really couldnt have gone any other way.

Remender knew what he was doing, and did it quite well, even if you only read issue 21, you will understand....

He had his family ressurected only to have to incenerate and kill them himself!
    they were not bastardised versions either, they were the real deal.

Frank lost it, thought too big, and died as a consequence. Absloute fun seeing him run around with a bunch of Super Hero tech, the way he used Pym Particles, amazing!!

i picked up my first DC comic the other day Batman: Confidential #49 i liked it i'll keep going with it to see how it goes

Will be getting back into Amazing Spiderman, with issue 648: Big Time

My 1st since ditching it when OMD - BND began.

Spidey, Avengers, new costume and an X-Men back in New York crossover makes very happy

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Will be getting back into Amazing Spiderman, with issue 648: Big Time

My 1st since ditching it when OMD - BND began.

Spidey, Avengers, new costume and an X-Men back in New York crossover makes very happy
    Really looking forward to Big Time as well though I still don't quite feel for the neon green highlights of the new costume.

I'm actually quite enjoying the current Origins of the Species arc. Last thing I truly enjoyed from Amazing Spider-Man was the Rhino's portion of The Gauntlet arcs, everything else has been pretty average.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    Really looking forward to Big Time as well though I still don't quite feel for the neon green highlights of the new costume.

I'm actually quite enjoying the current Origins of the Species arc. Last thing I truly enjoyed from Amazing Spider-Man was the Rhino's portion of The Gauntlet arcs, everything else has been pretty average.

i actually dropped spidey mid way through grim hunt, it was just crap they were putting out poor art poor story i couldnt justify spending that much a month on something that hadnt really produced cnsistant good story

i will agree that the rhino portion of gauntlet was the best story in that whole arc
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Big Time was great IMO. Loved it.

OK, bit of a slow friday on the Boards, so thought it may be fun to post our standing orders (or at least what you get monthly etc.)

Mine:

X-Men Legacy
    Uncanny X-men
    X-Men: To Protect & Serve
    Uncanny X-Force
    X-23
    Generation Hope
    Avengers (Secret, New, On-going)
    Punisher (Remender)
    Secret Warriors
    Deadpool
    Hack/Slash