Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ToyWorld

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    A dump truck wouldn't have made sense in this lineup. These alt-modes are all commercially available street vehicles that... and here's the cool thing, are pretty much in scale with each other! That in itself is a pretty impressive feat and hammering it because it's not a dump truck is unfair when a dump truck was a silly choice for a "throtllebot" in the first place.

I'm still not getting these though.
    I think that what looks to be an armored car looks even more out of place. Yeah a dump truck does not follow the same sequence as the other bot but it's just as out of place as a disproportionately large armored vehicle. At least with the dump truck, there is G1 legacy value and if he was to be made bigger, it makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think that what looks to be an armored car looks even more out of place. Yeah a dump truck does not follow the same sequence as the other bot but it's just as out of place as a disproportionately large armored vehicle. At least with the dump truck, there is G1 legacy value and if he was to be made bigger, it makes more sense.
    They've been pretty accurate with colours for the first 3. I wonder if they're going to make not-Wide Load bright orange with some blue on the hood.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    They've been pretty accurate with colours for the first 3. I wonder if they're going to make not-Wide Load bright orange with some blue on the hood.
    I am thinking his is going to end up looking like that Hotshot mold Universe Roadbuster repaint.

Some blue on the roof would be better for both vehicle and combiner mode.

I tend to agree that this alt mode for Wideload makes more sense size wise with the rest of the line than a dump truck would, even though that would be more G1. A luxury SUV kind of fits for the largest strongest Throttlebot who is known for his constant preening.

Toyworld's not-Snarl and not-Sludge.

They're going head to head with FP again! I hope this spurs FP into producing their main LER line with gold chrome parts rather than only limiting gold chroming to convention exclusives.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

This is good for me. I want to see all the Dinobots from each compnay before I decide which ones to get.
    How many companies are making Dinobots and what scale are they (roughly)?
    FP are CHUG aren't they?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    This is good for me. I want to see all the Dinobots from each compnay before I decide which ones to get.
    How many companies are making Dinobots and what scale are they (roughly)?
    FP are CHUG aren't they?
    FP are CHUG voyager and it looks like these are CHUG voyager too. Bullsfire, Fanstoys and Gigapower are MP. TFC were going to have a deluxe class dinobot combiner team, but decide not to and gave the designs to a Chinese company to release under their line of toys (I believe it's a line with their own cartoon in China? I think?)

Just the angles alone on Columpio's chest instill far more confidence than these.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Got my TW Orion yesterday. Soooooo happy with him. I honestly didn't think I'd like him this much, especially in alt mode, but I have to admit, alt mode looks pretty good in hand. All the "in-hand" pics I've seen really made me disappointed with the alt mode, but I've been pleasantly surprised that it didn't turn out to be the case. He also has a nice heft for something purely plastic, but I gotta say, the transformation is absolute arse. Basically the only negative for me is the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Got my TW Orion yesterday. Soooooo happy with him. I honestly didn't think I'd like him this much, especially in alt mode, but I have to admit, alt mode looks pretty good in hand. All the "in-hand" pics I've seen really made me disappointed with the alt mode, but I've been pleasantly surprised that it didn't turn out to be the case. He also has a nice heft for something purely plastic, but I gotta say, the transformation is absolute arse. Basically the only negative for me is the transformation.
    Yeah he is a bit of a challenge for the few transformations. But once you get how it goes its easy Love toyworld stuff. Never disappointing.