Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TFC Toys ARES

I've gotta admit, it looks pretty nice. If it wasn't for MMCs offerings it'd be a must-have, as it is it's a 'Maybe I'll pick them up if the end result is good and I find them for an OK price'.
    Though if they're as big as they're some people over at TFW2005 are saying they'll be I might struggle to find space to display them - the apparently smaller Feral Rex gestalt is barely going to fit on my display shelf as it is. I'm also not sure how well the individual robots will scale with the Classicsverse figures - the MMC versions already tower over your average Deluxe (as it should be IMO), but if they're too much bigger it might just make them look out of place.

Still, it does look pretty sweet, and I look forward to seeing more of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    When will someone tackle Abominus or Computron ?
    MakeToys is doing Computron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Though if they're as big as they're some people over at TFW2005 are saying they'll be I might struggle to find space to display them - the apparently smaller Feral Rex gestalt is barely going to fit on my display shelf as it is. I'm also not sure how well the individual robots will scale with the Classicsverse figures - the MMC versions already tower over your average Deluxe (as it should be IMO), but if they're too much bigger it might just make them look out of place.
    That's all just speculation and fanboi talk. Until we see some comparisons we have no idea how how big it is.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

All in all this looks really nice so far, but I think MMC are pushing the envelope more, of course it is hard to tell seeing as how MMC still haven't released any of their new designs since last year.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Nice analogy, fits pretty nicely specially when you compare Maketoys Giant to TFC Hercules (although not MMC).

And yeah, I think the same with MakeToys Giant and TFC Herc as well. The reason I went with Giant over Herc was aesthetics.

Photo here of Maketoys not-Computron if anyone is interested. (More pics)

I was pretty darn excited when I saw the silhouette a few months back but that doesn't look great IMO

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

*snip*

I was pretty darn excited when I saw the silhouette a few months back but that doesn't look great IMO
    Not quite a photo , but a rendered image that looks pretty damn amazing at any rate!
    Computron is one of the last gestalts I actually need, G1-wise, but I'm curious to see how this guy ends up looking as a modern set of figures - In the browns, whites & reds that comprise his colour palette; should be rather intriguing I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post

That is friggin fantastic, All in!!!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Maybe it's the perspective they've used that makes him look a little too bottom-heavy but on principle, I'm all in as well!

Maybe it's just me, but TFC's Razorclaw seems like the best of the lot.

Good to see the 3rd party groups are just as narrow as Hasbro and Takara in their focus.