Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planet X vs Fansproject not-Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    This is really getting out of hand. They're just jumping on the hype train. We're getting FOC Dinobots from Planet X, MP Dinobots from Fans Toys (or Giga toys) and G1 Dinobots from that other 3P. All bases covered. Fansproject is fine, if you like their style, but no more please! We're at a point where third parties are just churning out shitty designs to get on the hype train. Don't mean to sound like a negative nancy, but I saw the GCreations Sludge today and he just looks crap to me. They need to slow down.
    I have to disagree with such sentiments, I think this sludge looks pretty decent all things considered, I prefer the FP one myself for certain, but I think they have covered all the basics with this design, G1 look: check, size: check, articulation : check. he looks decently solid, I hardly think they designed and prototyped this whole toy in the paltry amount of weeks that have passed since the other CHUG style Dinobots were announced at TFCON.

For years now we fans have been nagging Hasbro and the the third parties to make dinobots! And all these 3rd parties have seen how much we wanted them and obliged. Now when I look at some of the other forums around and it's all whinge whinge whinge, about getting exactly what they wanted. I don't begrudge all these 3rd parties for releasing variation of the same characters, I think its nice that our voices were heard. If anything I feel sorry for some of them as I'm not sure the market will be able to sustain so many Dinobots. Still for us the fans I think having choice and their being competition between 3rd parties is a great thing.

Sure it's frustrating to get multiples of certain characters when there are still other characters out there we want toys of, and it would certainly be convenient to have all the 3rd parties working in unison, but then then we'd just get another Hasbro IE: "You want a AOE Lockdown, well your only option is this cheap ass one we made, so suck it". I welcome all this 3P competition, and prefer to dwell on the positive, that the desires of fans have finally been answered, albeit possibly with too much of a good thing.

Well that's enough of my ranting, hopefully in future we will have some nice Seacon and Targetmaster wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I have to disagree with such sentiments, I think this sludge looks pretty decent all things considered, I prefer the FP one myself for certain, but I think they have covered all the basics with this design, G1 look: check, size: check, articulation : check. he looks decently solid, I hardly think they designed and prototyped this whole toy in the paltry amount of weeks that have passed since the other CHUG style Dinobots were announced at TFCON.

For years now we fans have been nagging Hasbro and the the third parties to make dinobots! And all these 3rd parties have seen how much we wanted them and obliged. Now when I look at some of the other forums around and it's all whinge whinge whinge, about getting exactly what they wanted. I don't begrudge all these 3rd parties for releasing variation of the same characters, I think its nice that our voices were heard. If anything I feel sorry for some of them as I'm not sure the market will be able to sustain so many Dinobots. Still for us the fans I think having choice and their being competition between 3rd parties is a great thing.

Sure it's frustrating to get multiples of certain characters when there are still other characters out there we want toys of, and it would certainly be convenient to have all the 3rd parties working in unison, but then then we'd just get another Hasbro IE: "You want a AOE Lockdown, well your only option is this cheap ass one we made, so suck it". I welcome all this 3P competition, and prefer to dwell on the positive, that the desires of fans have finally been answered, albeit possibly with too much of a good thing.

Well that's enough of my ranting, hopefully in future we will have some nice Seacon and Targetmaster wars.
    I would love third parties to make some good Movie toys that we never got. What holes do we still have in Classics? You know what they should do, Sparkabots and Firecons. I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    What holes do we still have in Classics?
    Terrorcons.
    I'll be patiently waiting for the onslaught of official & third party offerings.

Yeah Terrorcons definitely, Targetmasters Seacons, Duocons, Monsterbots and Sparklers would be nice too finish of the 1987-88 CHUG style toys.

Pretenders would be good too, but how would they be executed? Strap on bio armour? I have a few ideas, but not sure any would be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yeah Terrorcons definitely, Targetmasters Seacons, Duocons, Monsterbots and Sparklers would be nice too finish of the 1987-88 CHUG style toys.

Pretenders would be good too, but how would they be executed? Strap on bio armour? I have a few ideas, but not sure any would be feasible.
    Id like Pretender's myself. If they can make something like the Mega Pretenders where both the shell and innerbot transforms and combines, that would be awesome... of course with today's standard of articulation. For regular Pretenders probably a fully poseable form with hollow body and the miniarticulated transformable robot (about the size of Gen Legends) sticks at the back like a backpack with some of the parts going in the torso of the shell that way we still have arm and legs articulation albeit we might have to have stocky shells again with limited to no hip articulation...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

This Frenzy_Rumble custom is an example of how I would want a 3P Pretender to be like in execution and style:

Nice custom, though I'd prefer to see more interaction between inner robot and shell in a actual 3p toy. the biggest problem I think is how to keep the inner robot and shell comparable sizes.

Columpio and Derpan has arrived with BBTS.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Argg just waiting on Sigma L before shipping my POL... If he's delayed long enough I might be inclined to add Cubrar/Slag to my POL as well!

I didn't think combining Dinobot was for me but i don't actually mind the image of the combined mode although it is very Predaking. Unfortunately i don't think they nailed it with the Not-Sludge. He doesn't look bulky enough. If they can combine ,that's great whatever, but you're always going to want to be able to display them individually (more often than not) I really want to get a set of 3rd party DB's but i might have to wait a bit longer to see how they turn out

That Catilla looks good.