View Poll Results: Encore Fortress Maximus - worth buying?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah - it's Fortress bleeping Maximus!

28 68.29%
  • Yes, but I already have one

4 9.76%
  • Only if...

5 12.20%
  • Not worth it

2 4.88%
  • Not even interested

2 4.88%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Encore 23 Fortress Maximus

pic?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Opened him up today, hands are ok. Just want to check if anything else is missing.
    He's MIB now There were some smudges on the sticker sheet but nothing major I think.
    Couldn't resist eh? I must admit that I had a passing thought to set him free, just so I could check to make sure everything is there. I then thought if I were to open him up, I'd have to do the same for all my MISB items and I'm not going there.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Received and opened mine up, happy everything is there, no problems. The plastic isn't the best but then , that has been HasTakTom's trend of late, the material just feels KOey in thinness but doenst matter at all

everything is A ok as per Mr Squeezy

It now stands happily on the space allotted for it in the G1 shelves

Had a fun time applying all the stickers as well.... Im so old school heheheh.

One thing that worries me though is how thin the tabs that lock the sidecannons/base tower in place. I was afraid coz the plastic quality was poor that this part would be the first to break and snap off with frequent transforming. Am I missing something or is there a tab you press to open them? I just jam and pull when I transform that part and it really has me worried.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Couldn't resist eh? I must admit that I had a passing thought to set him free, just so I could check to make sure everything is there. I then thought if I were to open him up, I'd have to do the same for all my MISB items and I'm not going there.
    Just afraid of possible QC issues and since it's bought from Anime Export and will have a hard time getting customer service.

I think I only want to do this for boxed stuff with no windows to show the toy.

I personally wouldn't go so far as to say that the plastic quality on Encore Fort Max is of KO quality; it's noticeably not as nice as that on the G1 toy, but I still find it to be of reasonably decent/good quality. Encore Devastator on the other hand is a toy I would consider to have KO quality plastic.

I saw this article and its an interesting read....on kotaku

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/the...ins-everthing/

Just opened up mine. Took ages to put all the stickers on. By god. So many stickers!

But sooooo worth it.
    This guy is huge. I knew he was big, but damn. Stiff joints. Only downer was a minor little paint spot on one of the white legs. It is on the back so all good.

Only real downer was Cerebros has 2 left hands. Still functional and will be hardly seen so who cares.

I was curious what the little crank and button on the left of his body did. Found out there was a Elevator and Launching gimmick. Nice surprise for a toy that was designed before I was born. I found it makes a cool launcher for the Botshots!

Now just to find a place for him.........
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    This guy is huge. I knew he was big, but damn. Stiff joints. Only downer was a minor little paint spot on one of the white legs. It is on the back so all good.
    You should be able to remove excess paint off that leg with some rubbing alcohol and cotton tips/wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Only real downer was Cerebros has 2 left hands.
    I'd recommend contacting the seller and getting a replacement. They ought to be able to source a spare pair of fists for you from TakTOM. TakTOM always supplies L-R replacement parts in pairs (it happened w/ my MP01 panels and MP Rumble piledrivers); so you'll probably end up with a leftover left fist (but more importantly you'll have the missing right fist). Fortress' arms are held together w/ 3 little screws, so it'd be easy enough to use a miniature screwdriver to open the right arm up and replace the fist.

Finally got around to getting this guy and he was delivered yesterday. He's big. I'll give him that. Heavy too.

Very cool toy. I'm glad that I decided to pick him up. I got him on sale from BBTS so saved a significant amount of cash.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Finally got around to getting this guy and he was delivered yesterday. He's big. I'll give him that. Heavy too.

Very cool toy. I'm glad that I decided to pick him up. I got him on sale from BBTS so saved a significant amount of cash.
    Nice. How awesome is he in the plastic?
    I picked mine up from Gundamgokin a while back, love it