Thread: Help me remember a toyline.

Default Help me remember a toyline.

Alright this is a pretty together board in terms of age ranges and memory, so I'm trying to remember a toyline I had as a kid.

It was early to mid 90's, and I'm from country Victoria, specifically Swan Hill, and was fairly poor so I don't know if these were major or from like Crazy Prices or what. They were construction toys where you created spaces vehicles (like lunar buggies, tanks, etc), moon bases and mecha. I remember a lot of purples, maroons and navy blue as the colours on various sets. Some orange cockpits covers and some shadowy cockpit covers, too. Lot's of tread (non-moving, non rubber). I don't know if one of the modules reminding me of the combat unit inside Prime's trailer is accurate or faulty memory.

You had pilot figures which were solid coloured (usually yellow), maybe three or so centimetres tall. They could bend at the waste, and might have moved their arms. They were surprisingly detailed I think and they had kind of triangular helmets on (that kind of reminded me of Questars hair from Dino Riders). I also have some vague memories of some of the cockpits having smaller figures that were gold, non removable and much smaller, but I don't remember if that was a separate but similar toyline, or merely different parts of the same toyline.

It was not Zoids, but did ultimately have a slightly similar aesthetic if Zoids were about a moon base not animals.

I hope that's enough and that someone can help me. Sorry I don't have any photos. Thanks so much in advance, everyone!

lol I know this isnt going to be helpful but I had some of those as well.

I'm doing some searching to see if I can remember more but the cockpits on these are the same ones with the gold figures locked inside
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ntage-toys.jpg
    Which makes me think they might have been either a pre-zoids toyline or perhaps a cheap store knock off of some sort.

I think I've got it. There was a pre zoids toyline released by Tomy called Scitex which was knocked off, altered/expanded and released as a toyline called Multimac.
    I'm certain that the Multimac are what I had, and probably what you had as well.
    Found a small album with a few pictures here https://www.flickr.com/photos/microb...7625328845058/

Here are a few more pictures I found by searching for Multimac (having the name makes that so much easier lol)

Are these what you were trying to remember?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    I think I've got it. There was a pre zoids toyline released by Tomy called Scitex which was knocked off, altered/expanded and released as a toyline called Multimac.
    I'm certain that the Multimac are what I had, and probably what you had as well.
    Found a small album with a few pictures here https://www.flickr.com/photos/microb...7625328845058/

Here are a few more pictures I found by searching for Multimac (having the name makes that so much easier lol)

Are these what you were trying to remember?
    Holy crap that's it! Hahaha! I can't believe it I should have asked here years ago! Thank you so much! I can't stop grinning I had so many of these and even some from the flickr set (the one with the green shield and turbines, the drill..). Even my partner remembers having a couple of sets now with photos!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I had heaps of these, and Im sure there's still a bunch bouncing in a tub at my parents house. When I look at them now I wonder what my fascination with them was, but apparently I enjoyed them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    I had heaps of these, and Im sure there's still a bunch bouncing in a tub at my parents house. When I look at them now I wonder what my fascination with them was, but apparently I enjoyed them a lot.
    I spent a bunch of time the other night looking at old sets, and I can absolutely see what the appeal was. It was like LEGO but poseable and playable like an action figure and robots like Transformers (I am certain I made them all Cybertronian derived in some stories). Some really striking designs out of the box and then you can go nuts. Cosmic Scorpion still looks pretty cool.

This is definitely joining Mighty Max in my "would kill for these to be revived but know they never will be" toyline list.

haha that's awesome, i'm pretty sure i had some of this when i was a kid, i think maybe the drill one??

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    haha that's awesome, i'm pretty sure i had some of this when i was a kid, i think maybe the drill one??
    I know i have these as a kid and i wasn't in OZ though during those years. I remember my mom bought these at a China Town mall and though i don't think those days we have KOs as i had some G.I. joes from there as well (although NO G1 transformers as far as i remeber)

I had one of these as well. In WA they lingered for years in a discount warehouse chain called WA Salvage, which is a shame because they were actually quality toys.

God they look awesome! Toys in the 80's/early 90's were just amazing!!!