Page 125 of 183 FirstFirst ... 105115120121122123124125126127128129130135145 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Part of my garage where I keep my Transformers board games got wet and I didn't see it because the game boxes covered it up. Some of my game boxes got damp and mouldy, not to mention some warping on the boxes from being wet. Some of the Transformers boxes that I decided to keep are also against the same wall but along a different part -- I pulled one box out and inspected the side that sits against the wall and there's no sign of water damage there.

My daughter has allowed me to keep my TF board games in her room (since I mostly just play them with her anyway)... but still frustrating.

I have decided as a parent I really HATE the Titans Return figures. Sorting my son's room out and finding numerous new figures WITHOUT their heads and thus having to hunt through his containers to find the darn things is incredibly frustrating!
    He, of course, thinks it is funny to pose 'headless' figures... and that mummy will find the heads for him. Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I have decided as a parent I really HATE the Titans Return figures. Sorting my son's room out and finding numerous new figures WITHOUT their heads and thus having to hunt through his containers to find the darn things is incredibly frustrating!
    He, of course, thinks it is funny to pose 'headless' figures... and that mummy will find the heads for him. Sigh!
    Could turn it around on him and hide the heads from him :P
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Or let him find all of his own Titan Master heads and tell him that he won't be getting any more Transformers until he can find them all and take care of his toys. My daughter likes Shopkins and a few weeks ago I discovered that her collector's case was missing about 80% of her toys. She told me that she had "traded" them, and by trade I mean she gave away almost all of her collection in exchange for two figurines. I explained to her that this wasn't a fair trade and told her that she would not be allowed to buy any more Shopkins until she trades them all back from her school friends. She managed to retrieve most of what she lost, but not all of them. So we no longer buy Shopkins for her. Now if she wants any she'll have to use her own money. The most I'll do is buy one for her but she has to pay me back when we get home. And the only reason that I agreed to this was because the mother of the friend who took most of the Shopkins said that they had searched their house for as many as they could find to give back to my daughter - so her friend has probably lost the Shopkins that weren't returned.

I also took her into my Transformers room and pointed out my 1984 figures and said that I was the same age as her when I started collecting Transformers and that the reason why I still have all of my childhood toys still in my collection is because I tried my best to take care of them. I told her that if she really cared about her Shopkins then she should take care of them, and if not then she clearly can't be that interested in them in which case there's no point in collecting any more. So I gave her a choice - either take care of them and keep on collecting, or stop collecting them if she doesn't want to take care of them properly.

I like the idea of 'no more figures until you put all the heads back'. Think I'll use that one!
    Don't get me wrong - he takes good care of his Transformers; he just thinks "losing" the heads of the headmasters elsewhere than their bodies is funny and I don't... especially when I stood on the head of Hardhead today walking into his room - it's as bad as the dreaded Lego!

We had a similar experience to you with Moshi Monsters a few years back Gok. I think unfortunately our kids are too nice and get taken advantage of until we step in and teach them sometimes it is ok to keep things for yourself.
    After the Moshi experience my son is very watchful of his Transformers and would never consider taking them to school as he's too paranoid about other people breaking them. He even moves his favourite figures into my bedroom when friends come over to ensure they won't get damaged.

You should hide the bodies and just leave the heads on the shelf. That'll cause some panic.

Anyway, good to know I'm not the only parent who spends too much time hunting for their kids' misplaced toys and accessories.
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com

That's Hilarious! (I say as a collector without kids)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron Action Flash View Post
    You should hide the bodies and just leave the heads on the shelf. That'll cause some panic.

Anyway, good to know I'm not the only parent who spends too much time hunting for their kids' misplaced toys and accessories.
    This is also Hilarious!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron Action Flash View Post
    Meawhile, in this week's edition of "Things Said On OTCA That Should Never Be Repeated Without Context"...
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Meawhile, in this week's edition of "Things Said On OTCA That Should Never Be Repeated Without Context"...

I NEED A LIKE BUTTON