Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Games

Default PC Games

im bored (on mid semester break) and i want to get a few new games to play on my PC. my comp runs SWBF2 really well if thats any indication of the hardware. so can anyone recomend some games for me to get this arvo? im mainly into fps' and rts' but im open to anything new

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Warhammer dark crusade.

But look for the pack with the three of them:

WH Dawn of war
    WH Dawn of war winter assult
    WH dawn of war dark crusade.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I used to be a huge PC gamer but the recent emphasis on strictly online games such as the battlefield titles have put me off as I don't like online games.

However if you are looking for high quality Single Player games I would recommend the following:

- Crysis
    - Orange Box (good variety there with Team Fortress if you are into that stuff)
    - Bio Shock
    - Oblivion ( a bit of yesterday's news now but the best game released in the past 6 years IMO)
    - Dawn of War

I am the Grumpy old gamer type who thinks that game play quality has largely decreased in the past decade while only graphics and sound has improved while the focus on online skirmish games is too high. So my advice in games is not as mainstream as it once would have been and it shows as many of the games mentioned are somewhat old by industry standards.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Warhammer dark crusade.

But look for the pack with the three of them:

WH Dawn of war
    WH Dawn of war winter assult
    WH dawn of war dark crusade.
    This is me challenging you to a Warhammer 40k duel, good sir! We should get an OTCA Multiplayer match organised. I hate getting owned by the 'pro's' online.

Spore gets released in a few days time. Could be an excellent way to pass the time.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    This is me challenging you to a Warhammer 40k duel, good sir! We should get an OTCA Multiplayer match organised. I hate getting owned by the 'pro's' online.
    I'll be in that! Great game. I'm a Space Marine noob though. (My usual army are my custom pink-armoured warriors named the Girly-Boys)
    Just can't bring myself to play with any of those disgusting heretics and aliens.

The Emperor protects!

D-D-DOTA
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

ahh ive got dow and winter assult, although im not sure i can play them online, cause im using a cracked version i think cause i lost my original cd somewhere in my room :P
    guna do a sweep of eastland this arvo and look for something
    and i would so be up for a DOW multiplayer match

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    I would, but the only game I play online is diablo2.

And yea, I play nothing but space marines too. Sometines the tau. But space marines rock. I enjoy filling the space elves (eldar), with heavy bolter rounds. The terminator squad is my favorite unit.

Also, stalker clear sky is due soon too I think.

I'm really waiting for GTA4 in Nov though. And there is also warhammer DOW 2.......

http://www.dawnofwar2.com/au/home

Can't wait to squish me some bugs under the tracks of my land raider.

I used to be a huge PC gamer but the recent emphasis on strictly online games such as the battlefield titles have put me off as I don't like online games.

However if you are looking for high quality Single Player games I would recommend the following:

- Crysis
    - Orange Box (good variety there with Team Fortress if you are into that stuff)
    - Bio Shock
    - Oblivion ( a bit of yesterday's news now but the best game released in the past 6 years IMO)
    - Dawn of War

I am the Grumpy old gamer type who thinks that game play quality has largely decreased in the past decade while only graphics and sound has improved while the focus on online skirmish games is too high. So my advice in games is not as mainstream as it once would have been and it shows as many of the games mentioned are somewhat old by industry standards.
    You're more new school than me. I've no interest in crysis or bio shock. Then again, I am the guy with roughly 100GB+ of MAME on my computer.....

But yea, I'm only interested in games that do have a good single player element. If they don't (like only practice or skirmish type stuff like battlefield has), I just skip them altogether.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Then again, I am the guy with roughly 100GB+ of MAME on my computer.....
    wow fair effort, so is your computer possibly encassed in an old arcade machine case? i know if i had the time id make one for myself :P

thanks for the advice guys, going shopping real soon