Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: January '08 Acquisitions

I got the two new Encore toys today too. This is like when we all got Alternator Rodimus last year. It's nice to have a Ratchet who's all in one piece again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    In the instance of reissue Grapple vs. original Grapple I found the plastic quality of the original to be far better in terms of both colour and density. Original was noticably far superior to the new reissue.
    Which is why I put in (open to debate) 'coz frankly for myself i find the "improved" formula is indeed somewhat cheap in feel when you look and touch and yes weigh the toy in your hand....there is this, less plasticky feel to them, like a little to soft and rubbery feel , i don't know how to adequately describe it. Less brittle I guess but then like a little bit above the cheap plastics of KOs, something of that sort.... hmmmm but yeah probably since the product is mass produced (in China, macau and everywhere else) that they opt for the cheapest, yet not too generic materials.... sort of quantity over quality (we've seen plenty of questionable Tfs released lacking of such I believe) to meet the demand or lack of it.

But having said this as well, the encore satisfies a demand and the quality of the product I got may not be as stellar as I had hoped in comparison to the original but still delightfully not cheap looking and certainly not lacking as the blatant KOs proliferating the current market.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Really? What disappoints you about their quality? Overall I'd say they're an improvement over the originals.
    Well i don't have the originals Gok.. But disappointed in the sense that this it the first G1 Ratchet and Ironhide that I have, yet the paint job is not good, some smudges here and there and the pieces don't fit back properly, there are like gaps in between, prominent ones..
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

benben2142 Guest

Got voyager Megatron today.

i scored the movie walkie talkies and an optimus beamer torch thing for $7 each

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    got these in the mail today:

Erector and Overload are complete (i have an incomplete overload), the first Roughstuff is missing the missles and the bot (2nd one is a junker), Red Hot is missing his ladder, and Skystalker is the shuttle only, but hey not complaining for $25

George

Edit: randomly blurry pics, dunno why :/
    Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Went for a shopping hunt last Saturday with iceburn cause I had to wait 5 hours for my BF while he did his IELTS test. Popped by Knox and Kmart Burwood, nothing interesting. The shelves in Myer were mostly empty. P.S: Sorry paul, I just hadn't had time to arrange for a meetup. Will be down on Australia day if you wanna pass me ALT Prowl.

Anyway, I finally grabbed the new wave of legends from TRU. Then we also found some christmas TF shopping bags going for 50% off. And I got the IR Bumblebee from iceburn. We saw some Optimus Prime ones "hiding" in a corner for $19.99 from TRU. Also grabbed the Movie Screen Battles from iceburn cause I held them in my hands and I couldn't resist them!

And finally, what most people would already have as well; Encore Ironhide and Ratchet. Gotta say I'm really disappointed at the quality.

Wow o wow!

BT Laserwave arrived today, completing the metal BT Characters (I have only one Smokescreen, however).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by omega3 View Post
    i scored the movie walkie talkies and an optimus beamer torch thing for $7 each
    Target got them on clearance already?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Got my MP05 permit finally!!!

MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

That's the most excellent TF-related acquisition