View Poll Results: Masterpiece Sunstorm - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 52.00%
  • Only if...

9 36.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

3 12.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review: Masterpiece Sunstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Don't know why he came with the coronation set. Can someone explain? Would have preferred the base plate (with name) and stand.
    Sunstorm's a highly eccentric religious nutcase.

G1 bio (translated) states:
    "Sunstorm is secretly convinced he is a supernatural being..."
    His spiritual insanity also made him very dangerous in the DW comics.

According to his MP tech specs (translated), his motto is:
    “I must fly the heights to reach the heavens.”
    And the bio states:
    ...uses demonic-like forces to manipulate the sun. He has no interest in the Decepticon supremacy but saw from a distance Starscream’s magnificent attire during the coronation which stimulated his desire for transcendence. He has imitated the dress of champions as an expression of his vanity as well as a practical feature being able to enhance his control of fusion power.

"I am the presence anointed to carry forth the light. The original light, that which has no beginning and no end. Its searing heat shall purify the earth... purging this world of all flaws, and preparing it for what lies ahead."
    - Sunstorm ("Black Sunshine")

Sunstorm's colour scheme in alt mode is good but a bit wishy washy in bot mode with the pale yellow legs and orangish upper body. I have to mention that I never heard of this character until its MP release.
    To me, it looks like Takara were trying to make the core of the robot darker and the extremities a lighter colour. I like the idea of it but think it could have been more noticible effect. Or they were just breaking up the yellow or covering the bases of a few different yellow seekers.

Don't know why he came with the coronation set.
    Me neither but I wish his cape was the same dark metallic colour as the shoulder pads and crown. It blings with the yellow/orange sooo much better.

I imagine Sunstorm and Acidstorm's aussie colours look great together.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I will grab one if Hasbro releases. otherwise I have to wait.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Cool

Nice to re update my own post, I passed in the Hasbro version due to its price set at $129 vs acid storm was at $115.

Instead I went for one of those make an offer deal on ebay and got this guy at $145 delivered. I also had the mp-11 starscream and I prefer this mold over mp-3 hands down as I am not a fan of needing a strike eagle plane while the normal f-15 would have done the job better in both modes.

Overall sunstorm orange pops more with the takara version and the only down side is the decrpticon logo being displayed upside down in robot mode.
    Also the stands were removed and you can grab it from chipmungmung if you really need one.

Just got mine for Xmas (Hasbro version). A lot more yellow than I thought he would be, the two different yellows on the back of the jet with the flame motif is kinda cool but you can hardly see it unless you look at it under the right light from the right angle.

Overall he is pretty cool though, been ages since I dug out my MP Sscream and SWarp - had forgotten just what big, awesome and detailed jets and robots this mould represents!