View Poll Results: Generations Gears with Eclipse - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - love this little dude!

5 62.50%
  • Only if cheap

1 12.50%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

2 25.00%
  • Gears would be even more miserable in this body!

0 0%

Thread: Generations Gears

Default Generations Gears

Name – Gears with Eclipse
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Thrilling 30
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Swerve
    Wave - 3
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $11.00US
    Approximate Size – 8cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – ATV & Jet/Chaingun
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Targetmaster Partner
    Main Colours – Blue & Red
    Main Accessories – Eclipse Targetmaster Partner

Robot Mode

What is really weird is that the box art looks exactly like G1 cartoon Gears, yet the toy’s head is shaped like MTMTE Gears. What is weirder still is because it has no red bits in the helmet it actually makes his head sculpt looks a lot like Brawns . Still though, a nice looking figure and fairly reminiscent of the original G1 character.

Vehicle mode
    The paintjob on Gears really shines here, a really rich, strong blue with red at the back, stunning! The pic does not do it justice. If only Hasbro made all their paintjobs this nice. Nice little details like yellow headlights, light blue windows, silver hubcaps and grill etc make this a really nice looking vehicle and really does look like a proper update of the original G1 toy – very good!

Transformation
    Pretty easy, not too much harder than G1 Gears to be honest. But to be expected for a Legends class figure.

Eclipse

A nice Targetmaster partner. Transformation from robot to jet and back is reminiscent of the Decepticon Micromaster Air Strike Patrol’s Nightflight or Storm Cloud. A bit of a shame the nose is so rounded and there is no cockpit, if he was more elongated I would say he is meant to be a drone plane (I dunno – maybe he is ). He has a very cool looking chaingun mode, I only wish you could attach it in the back of Gears truck mode rather than on the roof – he would have looked awesome there!

Overall
    A very cool update of the G1 Gears character. Great paintjob, great alt-mode , good Targemaster partner. Just a bit weird how his head kinda looks like Brawn. But overall very good and well worth the measly $11 he costs

Brawn with Mudslinger as is Targetmaster partner was listed on the leaked Hasbro listings

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Brawn with Mudslinger as is Targetmaster partner was listed on the leaked Hasbro listings
    Yes, this release was actually meant to be Brawn. G1 Gears gets his first new official toy in thirty years, and it's Swerve's mould with Brawn's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yes, this release was actually meant to be Brawn. G1 Gears gets his first new official toy in thirty years, and it's Swerve's mould with Brawn's head.
    Ah, so I wasn't crazy when I was playing with him and thinking all these thoughts!

Toy-wise I like this better than the original Swerve-mould. Just simply because the colour of the blue plastic looks nicer and that the Targetmaster partner fits perfectly in alt mode (Swerve's weapon port is super loose for me).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's not exactly Brawn's head. It's supposed to be a version of Gears to fit in the mould, but it doesn't have the paint apps to show it properly. I wish they'd remoulded the entire bit above the shoulders to more accurately represent him, but transformation would be difficult then.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Once i get mine, I'm planning to paint somed Red on, see how it looks then.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.