Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MP-18+ Bluestreak revealed

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    So wait, this time we're getting matt versions of the exact same colours, less detailing and a couple of different faces and blast effects?

If Targetmaster Hotrod was Malibu Stacey with a new hat, then what would you call this?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the fans want "cartoon accuracy" and this is "cartoon accuracy"

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    To be honest, I feel like this new animation-accurate Bluestreak is a step-down from the first release of MP Bluestreak (or 'Streak'). To me there's something about these anime/cartoon-accurate Masterpieces that look kind of cheap compared to the original releases. I guess if you want a copy of the Nissan Fairlady MP mould, and you don't have one yet, this would be a good opportunity to get it.
    Possibly because the toon accurate model/illustrations were quite basic to simplify the hand drawn animation process. That simplified detail makes these toon accurate MPs look a little cheap because there is minimal paint detail.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the fans want "cartoon accuracy" and this is "cartoon accuracy"
    I call shenanigans on this - in fact Bluestreak was the one character that didn't need a + version due to what had already been released. The first MP-18 was based on the animation deco scheme, while both MP-18S and MP-18B are both toy accurate (the former being mainstream G1 accurate and the later being Diaclone/Early-G1 accurate). This one really does push the point dangerously close to jumping the shark.

Anyone know of a good place to pre-order? Asian retailers preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Anyone know of a good place to pre-order? Asian retailers preferred.
    Robotkingdom never fails but when I tested it out for this one their shipping was hideously expensive. So best either to group in a large order with them or just pick it up on ebay when it's released. I order from ebay sellers Toyspark or freemantoys when ebay is running a site wide sale. They are both based in HK and are large, reputable sellers that pack well etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Robotkingdom never fails but when I tested it out for this one their shipping was hideously expensive. So best either to group in a large order with them or just pick it up on ebay when it's released. I order from ebay sellers Toyspark or freemantoys when ebay is running a site wide sale. They are both based in HK and are large, reputable sellers that pack well etc.
    Wow, yeah, yikes. Thankfully OhMyPrimus has put it up for the same price but with much more reasonable shipping.