piratescratch on the Marvel comics for the week of September 10th.

Amazing Spider-Man #571 - I'm just echoing what most people are thinking about this current arc, it's great, much better than previous OMD/BND arcs. Another enjoyable issue in the New Ways to Die! arc. I enjoyed the quick rumble between Osborn and Menace, and some good progress was made. Looking forward to next issue, watch out Spidey, Bullseye has his sights set on you!

Civil War: House of M #1 - Quite a late entry for the whole House of M event. Civil War: House of M deals with Magneto's rise to power in the House of M reality, it's not some wacky crossover between the Civil War and House of M major events (which is what I first thought it was when I saw it in the Marvel solicits a while back). Enjoyable first issue, only one minor gripe, could Magneto really do that to Apocolypse? That's quite the OP attack there. Well I will be following this one for sure.

Deadpool #1 - Our favourite merc with the mouth is back! Thrown into a Secret Invasion scenario, a silly one at that. Now why would the Skrulls attack a baseball game? Deadpool seemed more stupid then sarcastic here but all in all a fun issue. I just do hope we see some familiar faces later on, Weasal, Bob of Hydra and the lovely ladies from Agency X.

Ms. Marvel #30 - And with that we conclude the Secret Invasion tie in for Ms. Marvel. It was a fun action packed ride and from the looks of things we might see some more Skrulls later on. I don't know what to think about the epilogue though which is set a few months later, so I guess it's obvious that ...
/SPOILER/the Superheroes won in the end (against the Skrulls) .., wait is that even a spoiler?/END SPOILER/
I do hope in later issues we get reunited with Carol's crew again and get some more light shed on William Wagner.

Patsy Walker: Hellcat #3 - Yeah the whole magic hoo-ha plot is silly but I love Patsy Walker as a character and I'm quite fond of the art. It's still a fun read, a bit of a distraction from all these Secret Invasion titles at the moment. Only two more issues left for this mini series, I really do hope we get to see more of Patsy after this finishes, I really really like her.

Secret Invasion #6 - Ahh the everyone rally together for the big showdown issue. I have to admit though I felt a bit cheated with this issue, a lot of scene cuts and jumps, I would of liked to have seen some of them more fleshed out, say the meeting between Captain America and Thor. But other than that, yeah the last few pages were ace, I mean Fury and his "Yeah? Well my god has a hammer!" line was brilliant. And do I spot Howard the Duck between Statures chest? Haha. Only two (right?) more issues left, it's coming to an end. I'm feeling that Secret Invasion could have been a whole lot more than what it is now.

Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2 - My god that close up of Blackbolt's face as he goes "*" is the stuff of nightmares.This feels a bit more important then you standard Secret Invasion tie in mainly because it's Blackbolt here but I (we) know that what the Skrulls are planning to do with him won't probably have any effect or impact to what's happening in the main Secret Invasion series which is why I feel like this might go the way of filler. But I'm still enjoying this and I do look forward to see how things pan out for the Inhumans.

Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers #3 - Final issue for this mini series. The series primarily focused on half of the whole (two) group(s); Hulking, Wiccan, Speed and a few of the Runaways (don't read Runaways can't be bothered naming names). I would of liked to have seen the whole Young Avengers group together battling the Skrulls but as we know the rest of them were running around with Fury (as seen in the main series). More enjoyable than the Fantastic Four one that's for sure but still a pretty mediocre mini series. Bit dissapointing as I am quite a fan of the Young Avengers. I'll finish up with a positive note though, I loved the final page with Molly cursing Speed.

Secret Invasion: X-Men #2 - Wow I really don't like how some of the faces are drawn here. More or less your standard Secret Invasion tie in fluff, replace whatever hero with the X-Men and location to San Francisco. Just one thing though, continuity what ...
/SPOILER/The hell? That was Archangel there I saw with the X-Force crew. So what now Angel can freely turn into Archangel and be in full control of himself? I'm hoping to expect some answers in coming X-Force issues./END SPOILER/