Page 493 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 473483488489490491492493494495496497498503513 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Move to a different State?
    This is a public board and Griff could get in trouble if we start advising people on how to circumvent the law. Basically, it's illegal so getting it through the post is going to be difficult if not impossible, and taking a road trip out of state to get one is going to be risky if you're caught with it.
    The issue with MP-05 is that it is classified a replica firearm (despite it's massive oversize). Owning firearms and replica firearms is illegal without a permit and safety measures put in place for its safe storage. In NSW permits are only granted where one has a legitmate membership in a gun club or sporting group. Consequently Tilby set up the Megatron Ownership Club (or something like that) and has to store Megatron in a sealed case within a locked room.

It's not about circumventing the law, but about the measures one needs to put in place to legally own a replica firearm figure like MP-05. (And probably the legion of 3rd Party Megatrons that have recently been proposed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Move to a different State?
    This is a public board and Griff could get in trouble if we start advising people on how to circumvent the law. Basically, it's illegal so getting it through the post is going to be difficult if not impossible, and taking a road trip out of state to get one is going to be risky if you're caught with it.
    Just to expand on that, the Userguide here does already mention what this site can allow, in regards to replica-weapon Transformers like Megatron (and Browning)...

18 - Members are discouraged from advertising, promoting or condoning illegal activity that specifically relates to Transformers. This includes such things as Counterfeit toys (Knock Offs), unauthorised copies of official media, and replica weapon toys (like Megatron) in states that prohibit them. If you intend to acquire illegal items, search for them off-site (like through google), or privately from a known source. This rule is to protect yourself from prosecution, and to prevent this site from being shut down for facilitating criminal activity. Minimal discussion or suggestive comments may be tolerated to a point, and the Staff or Admin are entitled to limit or terminate discussions & sourcing of illegal material, at any time. It is your responsibility to determine if ownership of replica weapon Transformers are legal in your state, and admitting to ownership is at your own risk.
    It is also worth noting that some states "allow" ownership (as long as you don't take it out in public and cause alarm by the public), while other states designate ownership as an illegal act (no matter how privately owned or hidden it is). And in the middle, are states like NSW & QLD that apparently can obtain a permit for... but I never got around to finding out what government department issues them (or their requirements to obtain one).

So, my question: which character has had the most toys (just TFs and TFs & merch) made of them, Prime or Bumblebee?
    Late last year I counted all the Optimus Primes TOYS in my collection (included gimmick and figurines) just out of curiosity to see how many Hasbro/TT have done over the last 27 years. I think I made it to the 200 mark... I might do a count of both this week some time to see which shelf-warmer reigns supreme. (Optimus had a head-start, because Bumblebee was only really used for Gen1 and since the Movie... but it's since 2007 (thanks to the Movies) that Bbee has been over-populating our store shelves and collections)

Actually, if someone here was keen, or had a lot of spare time to waste, you can count my collection yourself, as all the photos in my collection should cover everything I own (except the Remote Controlled NEST Bumblebee and TF3 Figurines I bought 3 days ago... and any current TFPrime or JP toys I don't yet have). You can just go from page to page (from the main index) and count them up, and then add in items I don't have (from what you know, or from other sources like Soundwave's Oblivion).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...so was Toxicity the final episode of Prime Season 2? (o_O)
    Could be a mid-season break. Happens with some series. They break the seasons in half.....for some reason. Don't ask me why they don't just call them 2 separate seasons, but that's what a lot of them do. Maybe just to stretch it out or maybe where they try to draw more viewers to watch the mid-season finale as a cliff hanger or something.
    *shrugs*
    I always thought it was stupid.

There had been a dozen or so episodes already for season 2 so it would seem about right.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Could be a mid-season break. Happens with some series. They break the seasons in half.....for some reason. Don't ask me why they don't just call them 2 separate seasons, but that's what a lot of them do. Maybe just to stretch it out or maybe where they try to draw more viewers to watch the mid-season finale as a cliff hanger or something.
    *shrugs*
    I always thought it was stupid.
    It also has something to do with how the ratings system in the US works, with certain key "sweeps weeks" breaking up the year, as opposed to the more prolonged rating system we have in Australia, with the summer months as our off-season.

Which is better? Ultimate Optimus or Jetwing Optimus? What's the best price for both?

Do Botshots really not have faction symbols? Does that make Nemesis and Optimus Prime the only real autobots in the Botshots universe?
    Losing the faction symbol on transformers is pretty uncool. :/
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Which is better? Ultimate Optimus or Jetwing Optimus? What's the best price for both?
    I'd definitely go Jetwing. It's a screen accuracy thing for me. I can't comment on Ultimate Prime though coz I don't have one. I literally just picked up my Jetwing Prime yesterday from Myer. $94.50! So much better than the $169 they used to go for!

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Do Botshots really not have faction symbols? Does that make Nemesis and Optimus Prime the only real autobots in the Botshots universe?
    Go by the packaging (bio/blurb/faction-symbols)... kinda like what we now have to do with the TFPrime toys (if the character name isn't obvious, or you haven't seen the cartoon).

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    On the upside, you can start getting a NAIL collection.

It's not as bad as some Deluxe and Voyagers not having faction symbols!