Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Weaving interview with Collider

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think he mis-interpreted what Hugo was saying... in that it was just a job, and didn't have the time or desire to get into the fandom/franchise beyond that.
    Agreed. It really felt like Hugo Weaving was making a comment on his participation and performance within the franchise. Just sad that the message got muddled.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Bay is acting like a whiny brat here, and so are some clueless fans on the international forums! How is this any different to all the interviews we've seen and read from G1 voice actors who said the same thing... "it was just a job" and they never thought much about it, or that so many people would care in 20 years time. Weaving has no idea about TFs obviously, so why didn't Bay hire someone like - oh gee I DON'T KNOW - Frank Welker (like everybody said, but he so readily dismissed) instead.!

Bay is a clown. His response only further indicates how much his head is stuck up his own butt!

Bay unprofessionally whinging about someone he misinterpreted as being unprofessional? Stay classy Bay, stay classy. At least Weaving has talent and artistic integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Bay unprofessionally whinging about someone he misinterpreted as being unprofessional? Stay classy Bay, stay classy. At least Weaving has talent and artistic integrity.
    Completely agree here , though apparently 3/4 of International fans think the complete opposite & that Hugo should be thankful of Bay... I seriously don't understand that interpretation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Completely agree here , though apparently 3/4 of International fans think the complete opposite & that Hugo should be thankful of Bay... I seriously don't understand that interpretation at all.
    The Fox news generation.

Meh... I don't see why anyone should get worked up about what any actor says about a role -- just as long as they do their job well, I don't care if they loved it or hate it (well, I care a bit, but it doesn't really matter all that much). G1 fans loved Orson Welles as Unicron, but he obviously loathed his role and the franchise. Many Star Wars fan see Sir Alec Guiness (played Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars Trilogy) as being one of the best actors in Star Wars, yet he didn't like that franchise or the character all that much either!

But professional actors will still put in their best effort and make their characters good, regardless of what they think about the character or the film that they're in. That's just called being professional.

"I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I’m destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen.”
    - Orson Welles (on Transformers)

"What I didn't tell (George Lucas) was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo."
    "I shrivel up every time someone mentions Star Wars to me."
    "Apart from the money, I regret having embarked on the film."

- Sir Alec Guiness (on Star Wars)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I have zero respect for him as a director.
    I'll take that level of respect for Bay and double it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'll take that level of respect for Bay and double it!

Fanboi!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But professional actors will still put in their best effort and make their characters good, regardless of what they think about the character or the film that they're in. That's just called being professional.
    My thoughts exactly.

Lets all get a camp fire going and sing songs about how we are Bay haters instead of attacking the real threat, the Autobots moon base!

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Lets all get a camp fire going and sing songs about how we are Bay haters instead of attacking the real threat, the Autobots moon base!
    I think campfires are more of an IDW G1verse thing lately.