Page 27 of 154 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Sorry Pulse. I was meant to say if it does come out locally it would be exclusive to a store like TRU or Myer. I didn't mean to say it was out. Sorry for the confusion.

STL: I dunno. The peices you get with these Racer sets are very small pieces compared to other sets with mini-figs. I just feel they are really overpriced. I waited and waited for set 8147 to drop the price from it's ridiculous $90 tag. Lowest it got was like $70. As much as I like my Lego Trucks I had to pass on it at that price.

Strange though. When it comes to TF I'd pick up at rrp without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    STL: I dunno. The peices you get with these Racer sets are very small pieces compared to other sets with mini-figs. I just feel they are really overpriced. I waited and waited for set 8147 to drop the price from it's ridiculous $90 tag. Lowest it got was like $70. As much as I like my Lego Trucks I had to pass on it at that price.

Strange though. When it comes to TF I'd pick up at rrp without hesitation.
    I find the pieces very unique b/c they're small and there are a lot more transparent pieces which are not as easy to get in bulk. Very useful for a lot of building of the unique jets u see on MocPages and feature on Brothers Brick. I grabbed that set for my sister off eBay for $50. As you said the cheapest was $70 at Big W Broadmeadows which I saw a few months ago now.

I want to use her set as parts but I'm not likely too.

As for being able to pass on Lego: I went through a small stage recently when I was disenfranchised/disinterested with TFs and totally enamored with Lego. At that point, I could hesitate for TFs to be on sale whereas Lego was more of a priority. I think I did a few cross town trips hunting certain Exo-Force units.

But I've since found my way again. I think the reason for hesitation w/ Lego sets is that they're purely construction at the end of the day. If you miss out, there's always another set that you can build. And in my case, I strip most of my sets down completely to make MoCs (which I hope to in the coming holidays before work starts up!)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    That's a great set, Zippo. Surprises me though, that's one of this year's sets already on clearance!?! I think it was just released 3 months ago.

Yeah, my sister wants those sets badly, Stompy. 8495 or 8154 though seem fair value given the number of pieces each have. 8154 works out to be 11c per piece which is very fair value compared to Agents or City. 8495 is 14c per piece. So yes, 8495 is overpriced relatively. But if you grab them at sale prices (15 to 20% off) then you'll get it below that.

Both are available at K-Mart this week:
    8495 : $59.50 = 12c per piece
    8154 : $102 = slightly less than 10c per piece

But Lego doesn't move as fast as Transformers. These sets should still be available next year so I'm in no rush to grab them for my sister. (Not to mention that she's not on holidays yet)
    Local Kmart got them in a few weeks ago for a promo on it, and I was very surprised to see it on clearance so quickly. Was going to wait until it was cheaper but after two were sold between my visit on Saturday and Sunday I thought I better purchase.

Saw 8495 and 8154 locally finally, and decided that I wanted 8154. But need to wait for the 20% sale.

GP: Cute keyring you got there, does that only come with Lego Batman for Wii?

Anyway my recent acquis:

I really REGRETTED not buying Castle Troll Warship 7048 when Kmart had it on offer for $69. It's now back to retail price of $94! Arggghh silly silly me... And I've pretty much picked up all Castle sets I can find at normal retail outlets. Wonder where can I find the others now at cheaper prices.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Thanks GP. But after playing more of Lego Batman videogame I'm in love with those tiny penguins. I might pick up that set now. Damn cross-marketing.
    I know! I'm tempted to buy parts to build that awesome Batman Tumbler

But I'd also want some villains. I was thinking the same about the little penguins, but I'd also like the Joker, and that Ice Cream truck he uses in Lego's Tumbler set.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I know! I'm tempted to buy parts to build that awesome Batman Tumbler

But I'd also want some villains. I was thinking the same about the little penguins, but I'd also like the Joker, and that Ice Cream truck he uses in Lego's Tumbler set.
    hehehe, i'm with u guys. I'm hoping that those sets will be on clearance in the near future too. Want Mini Figs like I never thought I would
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

The Joker fan is fantastic, if you can bricklink the van and the smaller fan made tumbler it'd be worth it.

I've seen other sets in TRU that look like a lot of fun (Bat tank for example) but they are just too damn pricey. The Freeze set would be great if the two vehicles werent so terrible. The only set I can see being reduced down is the Robin/ Penguin set, I've seen many of those sets in every Target and Kmart I have been too.

Need a Clayface minifig, he is easily my favourite villain in Lego Batman.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Need a Clayface minifig, he is easily my favourite villain in Lego Batman.
    From the looks of the recent pics from the new Power Miners line, the rock monster figs would make a good match for Clayface

For Stompy

This is the guy I won mine from too. Good bargains from his listed auctions

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    GP: Cute keyring you got there, does that only come with Lego Batman for Wii?
    You can just buy them outright, I think $9.95 flashed up when the girl scanned it through.
    Better off just getting the game as well. Oh and I'm pretty sure it was for all platforms