Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Biz X-Men

Initially, brown Wolverine and X-Factor Cyclops seemed to be the most difficult to find from the first series. They had plenty of everything else, especially the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Was that the series that had the Wolverine toy as Weapon X with a helmet (?)
    Always wanted that toy
    Yes, Weapon X was the 4th edition of Wolverine in the toy line. I seem to remember only seeing green cable Tyco carded versions in the shops. There was also a Marvel Legends version (looks pretty cool).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Storm's costume was comic based too, that full body black outfit with a lighting bolt across her chest was her costume for a short while around the early-mid 200s of Uncanny.
    Oh yeah! I did remember the less triangular-lightning-bolty version of that costume, after she cuts her hair, but I never identified the toy as being based on it. Maybe it was the lack of a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Storm's costume was comic based too, that full body black outfit with a lighting bolt across her chest was her costume for a short while around the early-mid 200s of Uncanny.
    Toy Biz produced a redeco of the black costume lightning bolt version in silver a few years later. With the two red 'X' logos, it more closely resembled her 1990s white costume. Nicer than plain white paint.

The first X-Men toy I got was a talking X-Factor Cyclops when I was... guess I must have been seven or eight. It was around the time I was getting into Power Rangers, and X-Men was just becoming widely known in the UK due to the cartoon. I don't think I have ever been without a collection of X-Men figures since then. Growing up, X-Men was certainly one of my main comic book franchises to follow. I remember a trip to the US when I was about 13 and getting a mutated Cyclops figure which was at the time the easiest way to get Cyke in his then-modern Jim Lee uniform. I also remember getting Cyborg Wolverine (Albert) for Christmas, hunting down a decent Storm, only having either Cyborg or Projector Chest Wolverine for a brief time...

I carried on collecting X-Men specifically when Marvel Legends and Select came along, then later when Marvel Universe did. My most recent purchase was the Legends wave that came out this year (which seems to put the lie to the rumours that Marvel and Hasbro are deliberately avoiding X-Men merchandise for... some reason).

These are the ones I have in my action figure box (obviously not including Mr Fantastic). Some of them are fantastic sculpts, some of them are not.

Spiderken Away!

With the talking figures, did Toy Biz also release a Spider-Man, Hulk etc? There could have also been a Wolverine.

Cool line up SpiderKen. You've got quite a few from the original 1991/2 series there. Are the accessories still about?

A Marvel Legends Jim Lee Cyclops would be pretty cool. Closest thing to it would be the X-Men Classics 6" super articulated Cyclops from the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    These are the ones I have in my action figure box (obviously not including Mr Fantastic). Some of them are fantastic sculpts, some of them are not.

I had a huge collection of X Men figures from the first ones out to the later ones like Trevor Fitzroy, Silver Samurai. X-Man Nate Grey. Each wave the sculpts got better and better. Then I sold them all

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I had a huge collection of X Men figures from the first ones out to the later ones like Trevor Fitzroy, Silver Samurai. X-Man Nate Grey. Each wave the sculpts got better and better. Then I sold them all
    Toy Biz would have made five or more versions of Cable as the sculpts got better. He is a popular character like Wolverine. Cable in Spider's photo resembles the animated series interpretation, probably inspired by a comic book appearance. Did you get a decent price for the figures, Vert?

Oh I had lots of Cable figures. Sold well over 50 figures. Nope sold for a real crap price. May as well just given them away. Then the buyer had the nerve to complain cause some had dusty feet.

Looking at those figures I'm not sure which is the more obscure of the two: Gideon or GW Bridge. Both of whom have faded into obscurity.