Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: ... I would have waited an eternity for these...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Hmm...gotta admit that caught me off guard. I wasn't aware that first run soundwaves had different moldings. Can you guys elaborate more? What about rumble?

For this piece, I was sold the moment I saw the beautiful box and contents...
    Agreed not many single transformers can stand upto soundwave and soundblaster in their individual boxes! The box condition you scored these in is excellonto!

I found this bit of G1 uniqueness when I was hunting for info on VSY - The Soundwave included in the VSY set was prior to the Japanese mold change in which the cassette player buttons and the chest door hinges are external to the cassette compartment. So both versions of soundwave in the 17 box, but if you have a VSY it should be external all the way!

NOT MY PICS - As for the rumble - im not 100% my one does has a rubsign But he should have metal feet - I've seen the odd transformer with upside down rubsigns, maybe the guy in the factory thought he was being funny when putting them on!

That's interesting seeing the buttons and door hinges there, which is different from the standard G1 Soundwave release - but is actually more similar to the Japanese reissues of Soundwaves! Up till now I thought that it was because TakaraTOMY reverse-engineered the reissue Soundwave mould from Soundblaster, which may still be true, and thus but hinges and buttons are 'external' like on Soundblaster, but it also makes the reissues more accurate this version of the Soundwave mould!

Suddenly my Encore reissue just became a whole lot cooler in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    *snip*

Yep... There goes another keyboard.

E is a very lucky woman and the both of you are very lucky to have such incredibly awesome Gems!

*snip of DAMN POWERFULLY DETAILED ANALYSIS/OBSERVATION*

Holy crap man, what a set of Wedding Gifts! - Congrats!

Deszaras is one of the very few, less than 5, Japanese only released figures that I'd ever like to own as there is just something so thoroughly Dark and Decepticon about him that just really takes my fancy.
    For me though, an official Max of any type would be gratifying as it's probably my ultimate grail really, which many would see as pretty ordinary but there is nothing ordinary with that mold to me whatsoever.

Man, Hursti, I love your observations. Would you mind if incorporate what you said into the blog post I'm going to do for Soundwave and Soundblaster? I would really like that.

Agree that the Max mold is amazing. Among all the releases, I think the original Fort Max colours were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    LOL

They are wedding gifts from a friend... who is getting married and his wife doesn't like his hobby so he's giving it to me cos he knows his precious figs will have a good home.
    To be fair, my missus barely tolerates my collection but I tolerate her book collection so we're even.

I have the Maximus mold in the form of BRAVE MAXIMUS from Car Robot when it came out in Japan. But there's something totally awesome about Grand Maximus that I want that specific version.

I have to say, thank goodness I'm not a MIB/MISB/MOSC collector or I'd go mad due to my collection. :P
    Like I said, I much prefer the Fort Max colours. Grand Max is okay, but the reds just throws it off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Agreed not many single transformers can stand upto soundwave and soundblaster in their individual boxes! The box condition you scored these in is excellonto!

I found this bit of G1 uniqueness when I was hunting for info on VSY - The Soundwave included in the VSY set was prior to the Japanese mold change in which the cassette player buttons and the chest door hinges are external to the cassette compartment. So both versions of soundwave in the 17 box, but if you have a VSY it should be external all the way!

*snip*

NOT MY PICS - As for the rumble - im not 100% my one does has a rubsign But he should have metal feet - I've seen the odd transformer with upside down rubsigns, maybe the guy in the factory thought he was being funny when putting them on!
    Hmmm... interesting. So the 17-Soundwave did come with an 'external tape deck hinge(s) and buttons. To be honest, if I saw that in an MIB sample, I would have thought that someone put a reissue in and I would not have bought it. There is something about the hinges being outside and the buttons all outside that I really dislike (for Soundwave, but Soundblaster is fine because he has a 2 tape holding tape deck).

Very strange thing Takara did. And now E has ended up with an oddity. I'll have to go tell her about it.

So.... this is #1 of 6

I picked this up from a shop yesterday because, I needed it (and the logic becomes clear later).

It's probably a figure that many would consider insignificant and not a worthy part of the "6 figures" I'd unveiling but it's not that way to me. Blaster has always been very special to me (see here and here). And its also been part of a project between Botch and myself (see here).

I saw this piece at the shop for months now. I had no reason to get it till recently and its been part of a 2 week planning process before I could go down and then get in the right frame of mind to bargain for it - I got a HK$400 discount off this!

So here it is... C-38: Broadblast ("Blaster") MIB, with unused contents and paperworks...

Unveiling continues tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Man, Hursti, I love your observations. Would you mind if incorporate what you said into the blog post I'm going to do for Soundwave and Soundblaster? I would really like that.
    Hehe, it is Soundwave/Soundblaster after all , I'd be honoured to have my words incorporated into your blog HD - If you really think they'd be useful.
    Simply stunning finds though dude, the Soundwave mold certainly has some history though huh?

Agree that the Max mold is amazing. Among all the releases, I think the original Fort Max colours were the best.
    I'd honestly have to agree there, I like Grand Maximus but honestly favour the original Fortress Maximus colour scheme most as watching the Japanese Headmasters Cartoon has sort of made me biased.

Hmmm... interesting. So the 17-Soundwave did come with an 'external tape deck hinge(s) and buttons. To be honest, if I saw that in an MIB sample, I would have thought that someone put a reissue in and I would not have bought it. There is something about the hinges being outside and the buttons all outside that I really dislike (for Soundwave, but Soundblaster is fine because he has a 2 tape holding tape deck).

Very strange thing Takara did. And now E has ended up with an oddity. I'll have to go tell her about it.
    Whilst I hope E isn't disappointed with it in anyway, I do think this has been great learning info for anyone seeking an original Soundwave as whilst I knew that the mold has one hell of a story behind it - I honestly don't categorically know enough detail on each to know which one I'm specifically looking at, beyond the solid buttons, so this has been quite educational IMO.

#2 of 6

C-116: Twincast & Steeljaw MIB, unused

This was sitting in the shop I frequent for months and months... I suspect, because the price was not attractive and because its been reissued before. Last week, I decided that I should inspect this piece and wow, was the condition impressive - totally minty and unused (not that it mattered very much because Twincast never had a sticker sheet... I had to settle for a seal paperworks packet).

Also, I managed to get a HK$2500 discount in this piece!
    It brought the price down to a level I was more than willing to pay.

Sneaky Getting a shot of a dino cassette in there!

Thats one nice twincast.... oooo last photo very sweet indeed.... tell us more twincast is the last tapeplayer I need in takara boxes - he wasn't really on the want list but now he is!

It's been said before - I wish I had your pay packet HD (not your job though ).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Wow, simply wow!

Those are both extraordinary specimens HD, the boxart on both are marvellous and the condition of everything contained between those 2 is incredible - Congratulations and well done!

...But wait! - Yes!, you've found 1 of those bloody elusive Dinos - Woohoo!