Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: January's stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    It looks like Not-Huffer is holding those poor kids (and Miko) hostage!

Aw man, I went to TRU in Namba Parks today and saw various TFs that we don't have in Australia, including DotM Deluxe Quejack... so badly wanted to buy him, but Odie already got it for me (and I'll be collecting that with some other toys I asked him to get me at the upcoming Osaka meet :P). DotM Voyager Optimus Prime w/ trailer looks really nice in truck mode, but the trailer is essentially just a trailer that opens up... kinda like original G1 Prime's trailer, only less because there is no real Combat Deck and no Roller car. Bah. Then I went to Bic Camera and saw some more toys I wanted... really tempted by to get Chronicles Megatron, but then I couldn't justify shelling out over 8000JPY to get a repaint of a toy I already have (two different versions of no less) and to be stuck with another Voyager DOTM Megatron that I don't really want. I could go on for ages about the things here that has been tempting me but I've had to force myself to pass up on, but you guys don't wanna hear about that, this is an acquisitions thread, not a ... um... not acquisitions thread! :P

So I was at Bic Camera and I thought hey, if I spend 3000JPY or more on a Transformer I can get one of those stupid but rare exclusive United Minicons! Dark Steel was tempting, but he was 2500JPY, so I would have to purchase another 500JPY's worth of TF and I looked around for like a keychain or some other cheap piece of TF merchandise to tip me over, but alas there were none. Didn't want to get Chronicles Megatron for reasons stated above. There was also a Voyager TF Prime Optimus Prime there too, but I passed on that for the same reason I passed on Que. Then there was that variant Mickey Mouse Transformer... about 3300JPY... I ermed and ummed and deliberated heaps, then finally caved and bought it. As predicted I had to remind the person serving me about the United Mini-Con campaign (as I've already heard from fans in Japan, a lot of staff don't consciously think about the campaign unless you tell them - there's no signage or anything that tells customers about it). And at first the guy tries to tell me that Disney Label Transformers aren't "real Transformers" and that he didn't think they'd count... I should stress that he was in NO way rude in the way that he said this (anyone who's ever been to Japan will know that customer service here is NEVER rude!) - he just said it politely and matter of factly... I told him that the campaign requires a Transformers purchase of 3000JPY or more and that it was a Transformer that cost over 3000JPY. He agreed and gave me United Aimless.

So all that trouble for a lousy MiniCon repaint And of a Targetmaster for which there is no Classicsverse partner for! I mean, I like having United Fracas because he goes with Scourge... but there's not Classicsverse Misfire! So I don't even know who I'm gonna display Aimless with on my Classicsverse Decepticon shelves! Ah well... it's my first ever Osaka TF purchase.

oh you never know Gok, it could be an indication of figures to come for the Generations line... mebbe triggerhappy, Slugslinger and MIsfire are in the works heheheh ( I know wishful thinking)

Addit: Also FINALLY! found Cyberverse Shockwave and the very last Cyberverse legion Topspin - how lucky!! it's the only two figs left Im after... unless they make more upcoming series
    Last edited by liegeprime; 14th January 2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hope you've got a decent budget for tomorrow @Goki, we're hitting up the specialty stores.
    On a different note, you've got another Aimless coming tomorrow courtesy of some of the various TFs I've grabbed you. Maybe find a TF who's meant to have drill hands or something. I've got all three but they're a bit 'meh' IMO, so I'll probably just sell them somewhere down the track.
    You also don't have a HA Soundwave on the way since it wasn't on your shopping list.

Yeah, I don't really collect HA... thanks anyway.

I'll probably be doing lots of window shopping and wishing I could afford most of the stuff we see more than any actual spending. Ah well... the main fun of going to meets is hanging out with people anyway. I really hope to find myself another copy of Transformers Generations Deluxe since I lost my copy a few months ago

BW Quickstrike, a replacement G2 Smokescreen since mine back in Oz is broken, and CHUGUR Warpath and Kup thanks to Goki.
    Nice meet with Goki and some of his Japanese friends, cheers Goki!

Thanks to AX83, Quickstrike has joined the ranks of the Predacons.
    And thanks to Tropsie, Animated Blackout, Wingblade Optimus have joined the Animated forces, and Alternators Decepticharge is wreaking havoc among the Autobots.

I second the notion that B'Boom is an awesomesauce figure! ;D

My haul from today's Osaka meet (the first 5 were courtesy of Ode to a Grasshopper):
    * TAK TF Prime Voyager Optimus Prime
    * TAK TF Prime Voyager Bulkhead
    * TAK TF Prime Vehicon
    * TAK DOTM Deluxe Que
    * TAK DOTM Deluxe Soundwave
    * TAK DOTM Legion Roadbuster
    * TAK DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot
    * BW Neo Dead End
    * BW Neo Hydra
    * United Rumble & Frenzy
    * Alternity red Convoy
    * G2 Hero Optimus Prime
    ...that's all I can remember for now (brain's half asleep)... will post a photo of this haul at a later date. United Frumble and G2 Hero Prime have been personal grails for me, so I'm pretty stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Nice meet with Goki and some of his Japanese friends, cheers Goki!
    You're most welcome and thanks for coming! I've posted a report on the meet on the Osaka Meet thread, but it's probably not very good cos my brain's half dead... feel free to post a more coherent one of your own later own (and upload your pics please!)

Man... on one hand I wanna throw myself into bed, but on the other hand I'm too excited to sleep!! I should sleep though... going off to Kyoto tomorrow. :P

I think the last items I bought for my collection were the Optimus Primal and Megatron 10th Anniversary figures that came in the snazzy double pack which was some years now. No, wait, it was TM2 Tripredacus Agent, but even that was 6 months or so ago.

So for me drinks, as they say, are few and far between.

In November I graduated from the University of Tasmania with a Bachelor of Contemporary Arts, majoring in Theatre, a three year course that I completed in only 2.5 years - a feat the school will never see the likes of again. In December we had Christmas, and yesterday was, for those of you who noticed, my Birthday. 26 for those interested.

So as a combined Grad/Xmas/B'Day present to myself, I decided to track down the only figures that have intrigued me over the past few years of Transformers.

That's right...

Henkei Dinbot and Cheetor!

Cheetor is a great new take on the character, but Dinobot is, for lack of a better word - Magnificent!

All I've done is look at them since getting them out of their plastic prisons.

THE LINE MUST BE CONTINUED!

I'm not asking much, just do the first 10 BW characters, or if you're really kind, do the 14 figures from Season 1, but these are just tremendous! A set of them would be just incredible!

Primus, if you're out there, you can't let it stop here. I'm rehooked but have nowhere to throw my money!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I'm rehooked but have nowhere to throw my money!
    Not true