Page 1 of 29 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam in all guises

Default Gundam in all guises

Hey guys. I've got another trip to Japan lined up for this August, and i'm gonna be picking up various Gundam merchandise, some HG kits to start me off (never done one before - looking at Hi-Nu Gundam), and perhaps a Robot Damashii/Spirits figure or two.

I guess this thread can be used for all Gundam talk, but right now i'm wondering if any of you have bought any Robot Damashii figures and could offer feedback? How they compare with S/HCM Pro, Revoltech etc? I'll even allow talk of the non-Gundam ones

sorry to overtake your thread kurdt, but has anyone come accross 'Chinese' gundam kits?
    i found a fair few Perfect grade ones for cRaZy prices online, and was wondering about he quality of these. one of them (1/60 Exia) looks like absolute crap, but the PG strike gundam looks pretty good for 46USD

so yeah anyone come across these?

Not much use to you, but funny - i found this article over the weekend

Can't get past that tagline!

Well the work on the lifesize Gundam is taking shape. I hosted the pics as the origin is NSFW to post...

It's 1:1 scale. 18 meters tall when it's done.

Just installed a new shelving unit in my entertainment room last week which now displays 1/3 of my Gundam toys/models along with some of my Macross stuff:

I'm currently displaying stuff from Seed/Seed Destiny and 00 at the moment but that will likely change very soon once my sister-in-law returns from Japan in a few weeks.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Nice looking Gundam model collection there.

I know very little about model building. I'd like to have a crack. I've had a look at some tutorials and well they were pretty daunting.

It's a bit hard to tell but do you do anything to them? As in give them a paint (or whatever its called) coating? Go through it with Gundam markers? Etc.

Indeed it is a great collection. Mine are all in boxes although they are mostly SD Gundam.

pirate... the gundam model kits are easy to build. Parts are all numbered and easy to find. Instructions are clear and detailed and need no worded instructions. They are snap on model kits, so no glue/cement required at all.

The kit already comes in different base colours and usually with a sticker sheet for more detailed portions and what you see in fungal's pics is what comes from the box. Also the joints uses rubber pegs and ball joints so they are as good to pose as any action figure.

Should give it a try. Start with a 1/144 scale model and try not to get addicted.

Most of the models you see there are High Grade 1/144 scale. I find this is the best scale as the vast majority of kits in the Gundam universe are released in this scale. Bandai release only the more popular kits in larger scales. Besides, THIS kit is only available in 1/144 scale and remains one of my grails (shipping just kills it). As for my models, I usually dont use markers as I'm not very good at doing panel lines and I like the look of the kit out of the box. Just be aware there are also First Grade kits available in 1/144 scale and these are considered beginner kits so will have less articulation, less details and may require painting to match colours as shown on the box. And finally, buy a sprue cutter - it will save you time and the risk of broken pieces as a result of removing pieces from the plastic runners (personal experience speaking here).
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Well the Lifesize Gundam is done.

This 18 storey high replica will emit lights and have 14 mist emitting section to replicate heat release. It's made of reinforced fibreglass plastic. Going to be up for 2 months.

That's awesome. Here's a photo from further back

Which brings us to where we are today...