Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16263132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Most of the senior OTCA members have seen this already but some of the best articles I have seen written on the subject of toy degradation due to sunlight and other factors was posted up on Fred's Transformers Variants website. Worth a read IMO.
    Indeed, so the moral of the story is get your G1 transformers out of storage and get them on display!.... Or just get playing

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I wonder how many people will use this stuff to whiten a toy then sell it to an unsuspecting buyer.
    I'm sure they won't bother. Too much an effort unless they're after a high profit which there isn't for the figures involved anyways.

Stop giving them ideas demonac lol.

Yeah even in darkness the figures do tend to revert, same thing happened to my Actionmaster Megatron, the cream seem to not work as effectively now on it when I tried . I gave it a good soak bath before under 1week sun in a bottle which restored it but after 2 yrs or so, signs of yellowing reared up and used the cream for 4 days coating, it didn't seem to whiten as like with the way it did before.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Plenty of Transformers in this lot need the treatment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...item1c2f29249f

Watch to see who wins and if some turn up on ebay nice and clean!

Was reading the post about the cream, liege. Where did you get it from?

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    Hair products. I got mine from priceline.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    yup as Azrael said - Priceline. their in the hair products section - they use em to "bleach blonde" hair. It's stronger in concentration than the usual liquid stuff sold in Pharmacies, but easier to manage I just use cue tips to spread em on the figs.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks guys, will check it out and give them a try.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Don't know if anyone has seen this article, I wasn't going back to read all 36 pages of the thread to find out. But I came across it in relation to a project I'm researching. It gives a good explanation of why plastics yellow the way they do. Granted it's in relation to Nintendos but the principle is the same.

Anyway one of the things it mentions is that their is apparently a UV protecting clear coat you can get that could possibly assist in preventing toys yellowing. Has anyone tried it? I found a link to an Australian site selling it. Krylon UV Resistant Clear.

Anyway here is the link to the Nintendo article.

Interesting read.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Don't know if anyone has seen this article, I wasn't going back to read all 36 pages of the thread to find out. But I came across it in relation to a project I'm researching. It gives a good explanation of why plastics yellow the way they do. Granted it's in relation to Nintendos but the principle is the same.

Anyway one of the things it mentions is that their is apparently a UV protecting clear coat you can get that could possibly assist in preventing toys yellowing. Has anyone tried it? I found a link to an Australian site selling it. Krylon UV Resistant Clear.

Anyway here is the link to the Nintendo article.

Interesting read.
    That article is actually what started it all

As seen in the post below, users from all over the world have also reported the yellowing returning. Seems heat may be a bigger factor than thought.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...t-help-16.html