Page 40 of 76 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041424344455060 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    The dates man. All pre-1978 parts.
    Yeah sorta makes my 50th Anniversary set redundant now.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    The dates man. All pre-1978 parts.
    Ahhh. Gotchya.

What an incredible mistake. That author and their editor should be sacked. What they meant of course was the birth of the minifig in 1978.

How do you guys get the stickers to not flake off your sets?

I've got myself a technic crane (8421) and they broke when I touched it

I am also regretting not grabbing the giant tow truck (8285) when it was out here. I haven't found any sets and looking on ebay, the prices are pretty bad.

If anyone has seen that tow truck, please let me know. :

I'm pretty new to Lego so I haven't yet encounter cracking stickers so I'm no help

Just googled 8285... it's amazing! But I haven't seen it anywhere in my travels.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

The Technic Tow Truck is amazing. Kmart used to have so much stock of this set and I waited and waited until one day it was just $130. It's the largest Lego set I've built. Took a good 8 hours over two days. Tonne's of gears and moving parts:

Here it is with Leader TFM Prime and Classics Prime (also that little black splotch is a minifig [Clawdette]):

Six cylinder engine with working pistons and "hand of god" steering:

Pneumatic lift up back along with two stabilizers operated by a "hand of god" knob at the cabs roof:

Outstretched crane:

Technic Excavator and (motorized) Cherry Picker with Leader TFM Prime and Classics Prime:

The excavator, digger outstretched. Uses two actuators and can be modded to be motorized:

The Cherry Picker. Not the biggest truck but it's pretty tall when fully stretched. Comes with a motor:

As for the flaking stickers problem... How long have you had the set for? Do you store/display it where a lot of heat is generated (eg next to a heater or under direct sunlight)? When putting on stickers, ensure the surface is dust free and oil free. Avoid touching the actual sticky bits with your finger as skin oil will adhere to it. Also what is the sticker like? I have never heard of stickers cracking with touch. Especially for a set that is not too old.
    Last edited by Stompy; 24th September 2008 at 01:02 AM.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I want to get that excavator while it's $59 at Myer, but has anyone seen the optional motor set around? Apparently it really adds to that set.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Stompy: wow.

There is a heater in my room so that may be the cause of the problem.

More specifically, some stickers were peeling off and I tried to flatten it out and then it broke.

I bought it in 2005/06 I think.

I am really only into the massive technic sets with lots and lots of parts.

Heh I had a browse through Brickset.com last night and it brought back a lot of memories

I still want one, so massive, my crane is only roughly 44cm long. That monster is over 66cm long according to brickset.

It reminds me of the giant truck from the Model Team series (5571). Did anyone have this big thing?
    Last edited by hungta; 24th September 2008 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hungta View Post
    I've got myself a technic crane (8421) and they broke when I touched it
    Just thinkin' about it, can't you just order the pieces through Lego's replacement partsfunction on their website (under customer service)?

Gah! Stompy, you are making me want to branch out more and more! Curse you to the Sharkitcon pits!

(See, Paulbot, this is a TF topic)
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

I had a look through the website STL and I couldn't find it. I don't think they do sell the stickers.

Thanks for the idea though, I need to try and get some replacement parts for some of my sets.

Pity they don't stock some of the older stuff, which I need.

Heh maybe I should move back to Lego System. You guys have some pretty sweet collections from what I've seen.

Try here:

http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/rep...s/default.aspx

I don't have much a Lego collection... just bits and pieces here and there. And half of it I share w/ my little sister who loves the creator and city legos