Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11212627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: February Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post

One thing that has annoyed me is that the seller I bought it off listed the item as being 'brand new, never been opened', yet the tape at the top had been cut.

Everything else is still intact and as described, but it's no longer MISB and is 'only' MIB.

I've messaged him and his reply was: "thats how i received the item myself. i have never opened it myself so did not notice if the tape had been cut. to me it never made a difference so i never noticed"

I'm trying to work something out with him at the moment, but I'm somewhat disappointed - even contemplating returning it if he gives me a full refund.

I purchased a MISB and received a MIB - Hound was meant to stay sealed for all of his eternity in his plastic and cardboard prison.
    This is dodgy. There's a HUGE difference between misb and mib...how can you sell something as misb without ever checking it to see if it's misb? Hopefully you can work something out with the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Oh the joy! A part of my childhood came back to me today - received TFC Hound in the mail.

Hound was my first TF toy back when I was a kid, so this holds a special place in my heart (even though it's the re-issue and not the real deal G1 version).

One thing that has annoyed me is that the seller I bought it off listed the item as being 'brand new, never been opened', yet the tape at the top had been cut.

Everything else is still intact and as described, but it's no longer MISB and is 'only' MIB.

I've messaged him and his reply was: "thats how i received the item myself. i have never opened it myself so did not notice if the tape had been cut. to me it never made a difference so i never noticed"

I'm trying to work something out with him at the moment, but I'm somewhat disappointed - even contemplating returning it if he gives me a full refund.

I purchased a MISB and received a MIB - Hound was meant to stay sealed for all of his eternity in his plastic and cardboard prison.
    Congrats on getting Hound man. Sucks about the MISB/MIB thing. A piece of tape matters less and less to me now, but he should give you some form of partial refund or refund, just out of principle!

Another day, another Transformer... wandered around, and picked up another Generations Scourge (my third) and the FansProject G3 trailer for HK$499 (AU$65), pretty good price.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Another day, another Transformer... wandered around, and picked up another Generations Scourge (my third) and the FansProject G3 trailer for HK$499 (AU$65), pretty good price.

Hey Heroic! Arent we toy shopping tomorrow heheh!
    Need superion fansproject and the new united figures.

bro... any more scourges left and the prices? can PM me for meetup one day?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    Hey Heroic! Arent we toy shopping tomorrow heheh!
    Need superion fansproject and the new united figures.
    Will try best for tomorrow. Damn, I can't remember where I saw the Superion appendage kits... was only about HK$500.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    bro... any more scourges left and the prices? can PM me for meetup one day?
    I'm having a hard time finding Scourges too... prices around HK$139-168. Varies. Are you in HK already?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    This is dodgy. There's a HUGE difference between misb and mib...how can you sell something as misb without ever checking it to see if it's misb? Hopefully you can work something out with the seller.
    Congrats on getting Hound man. Sucks about the MISB/MIB thing. A piece of tape matters less and less to me now, but he should give you some form of partial refund or refund, just out of principle!
    Yeah the guy claims not to be a 'hardcore collector' so doesn't even know the difference between MISB and MIB apparently ~ he wasn't aware of what the significance of a piece of sticky tape means.

Nonetheless, he's offered to refund me the postage costs, which I have declined since it's obvious that he may not actually be a collector and has no idea (by offering a partial refund is good enough in my books, so I'll let it slide).

Happy to get Hound anyway, so the price doesn't matter to me all that much at the end of the day seeing as the item is complete and bar the cut sticky tape, is still as minty fresh as you can get.

Got an Optimus Prime bobblehead courtesy of a friend who's returned from the states. The articulation is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I bought the RTS Cyclonus and Rodimus 2 pack and the Wave 1 RTS deluxes from a US eBay seller a few weeks ago.

The day after I ordered them the 2 pack appeared at Target. They arrived this morning, and a few hours later Jazz and Tracks appear at Toyworld.

It's funny how these things work out!
    Did it work out cheaper?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Did it work out cheaper?
    Yes, each deluxe cost me about $22 after postage.