Page 137 of 152 FirstFirst ... 117127132133134135136137138139140141142147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Don't think the AFL would ever allow that to happen. Hawks hosting the Crows.
    My mistake. There could be potentially no games in Melbourne next week, depending on results. Also potentially no games in Sydney in the NRL.

At least if it's an all WA AFL final, they'll still get a packed house. Not so sure picky Sydneysiders will rock up and sell out an interstate NRL final...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Okay I am seriously fed up with the Hayne hype.

Australian sports journalism is given a golden opportunity to educate Australia on the NFL and grow the fan base but instead all they do is replay Jarryd Hayne.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Okay I am seriously fed up with the Hayne hype.

Australian sports journalism is given a golden opportunity to educate Australia on the NFL and grow the fan base but instead all they do is replay Jarryd Hayne.
    You're fed up? Imagine how I feel

If it makes you feel any better, I read something this morning from a so called expert predicting the score for next weeks game against the Packers. In his write-up, he said that Hayne would score his first TD for the 9ers on a kick return however they will ultimately fall short loosing 35-3. So....ummmm... if Hayne scored a TD, how the heck did they end up with only 3 points Are they subtracting points in games now because the last time I checked a TD was worth 6 not counting the extra point conversion or two point attempt Yay for the Australian media and their so-called American footy ball experts
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I am happy that Hayne is doing well and I would be happy for him to score a TD in any match... but it won't make me support the 49ers... I am a cheesehead all the way...

Go Packers!!!!

I had a laugh at a comment in a recent news article about how 49ers done want hayne to kick return they see his strength as punt return..

how dare they snub the most talented person to ever grace a sporting field or any sports arena for that matter. That is no way to treat a rookie who has never played the game before 49ers, don't you know this is jarryd hayne not some college bloke who has played the game his whole life....sheez those yanks fair dinkum. That's it I am never watching nfl again.
    obviously tongue in cheek but the reply was just as good with recent "the man" comments

I agree.

And they also snubbed Anthony Mundine whom, in his opinion, is heaps better than JH.
    love it....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Great weekend of footy coming up
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Indeed. Both my wife and I's teams are in the nrl gf and i am on the type of antibiotics that they swear does not end well with alcohol (and with the holidays i've had i could really use some).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

There ends possibly the most nail-biting league grand final of the past 30 years.

As a neutral supporter, it had everything you could want in a grand final and more. The broncos lost it as much as the Cowboys won it I. Those dying moments but it was a sensational game. No question the cowboys relied too heavily on Thurston but it shows his class that he pulled them kicking and screaming to victory. Broncos did a marvellous job of neutralising Morgan, Cooper and Tamou but couldn't keep Thurston far away enough. Not sure the better team own, but both were deserving winners.

The North Queensland region has much to celebrate over summer!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Wow! The Cowboys got the win

Not the way I wanted the win (with Hunt knocking on in overtime poor champ) but it was a damn good game whoever won it. Morgan had a poor game (credit to Broncos defence) but Granville and Coote were great and are a big part of the creative players the Cowboys have needed all these years to make them more than an ineffective 1-man team. The forwards were outstanding once again.

Both teams were solid across the park but Milford was outstanding for the Broncos and nearly the Churchill medalist. I was very surprised the Broncos did not attempt a field goal toward halftime (un-bronco-final-like) but both teams blew chances to win it in regulation time.

Would i say the (slightly) better team won? Of course i would but that huge Bronco error in overtime virtually handed us victory and took some of the sheen off it for me.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Am I the only one who thinks Thurston shouldn't of won the Clive Churchill medal?

With the public holiday I was able to watch NFL Redzone on ESPN. Great to see the Rams pick up a tough win against the Cardinals. Very impressed with the maturity of Gurley to slow down and go down eating up the clock as opposed to getting a few extra yards and going out of bounds. He will be a great asset

The Niners D kept them in the game, shame their O couldn't perform. Jarryd Hayne for QB
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503