Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat Thread

Default Mortal Kombat Thread

Considering that there is quite of few of us who love our fatalities and Mileenas and Scorpions I've decided to startup a thread that's all about MK, for MK lovers. A couple of threads regarding this franchise exist but they're just about certain events.

So in most recent views, the final episode of Legacy came out. I thought it was amazing, the series as a whole was satisfactory but I think the last episode should have been a closer where it merged all those individual storylines together.

i heard there is a second season that might do that

WIKI

On April 9, 2011, Tancharoen revealed to Hadoken.net that both Liu Kang and Kung Lao would appear in a potential second season.[27] In a May 10, 2011 interview with Tancharoen, Movieweb revealed that Kabal and Goro are also planned for season 2.[27] Goro's brother, Durak, has been rumored to appear in the series.[28][29] Stunt coordinator Larnell Stovall also expressed interest in including Kenshi and Nightwolf in the second season.[30]
    [edit]
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I was very satisfied with MK Legacy. I thought it was an interesting take on all the characters giving them a sense of realism by explaining (for the most part) their real-world origins.

Apparently there were a lot of long-time fans that did not like the series simply because it strayed away from previously established mythology. They missed the point. Legacy was always about re-imagining the MK universe; that's why the Rebirth 'pilot' was so popular - it was different and fresh.

I have been a fan since the beginning and have all versions of MK for the SNES, PS1, PS2, and PS3 and I haven't felt this excited about MK since dropping a coin in the arcade machines.

Speaking of arcade machines, MKII was pretty much my sole source of income back in the early 90's. I used to hang-out at Zone 3 at Knox City Shopping Center (not sure if it's still there) because that was the only machine local that had fatalities enabled and we'd place bets on two player contests. Since I was unemployed at the time, I had nothing better to do than play the game when I wasn't sleeping Good times!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Legacy was ok...

the last episode was only good cos they used the cgi models for cyrax and sektor from the latest game.

I dunno what to think about the series...it's meant to be "legacy" but wasn't the latest MK meant to reboot the series therefore the legacy series should have been based on that? if that's the case then the series has failed because it differs soo much from the story of the latest game.

But that aside, it had it's up and downs like most series would have. My favourites would have to be the johnny cage episode and the 2-part sub zero/scorpion episode (gotta love kazuya playing as scorpion! aka Ian anthony dale).

Worst episodes for me would have to be the mileena/kitana 2-part episodes. Baraka looked like crap (I guess all their budget went into perfectly displaying Sektor and Cyrax's MK9 designs), Mileena and Kitana not being identical twins, and the fact that most of the episode was a cartoon...
    Last edited by yoshi594; 27th July 2011 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Baraka looked like crap
    That would be my biggest disappointment as well. They completely strayed from what was set-up in Rebirth with Baraka being a failed plastic surgeon.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That would be my biggest disappointment as well. They completely strayed from what was set-up in Rebirth with Baraka being a failed plastic surgeon.
    Ugly people always get screwed over, even in Mortal Kombat

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Ugly people always get screwed over, even in Mortal Kombat
    how will goro look like in season 2? will he be cgi or will they reuse the first mortal kombat movie's rendition of goro? or will they butcher him like they did with baraka?

MK Arcade Kollection has been released (not sure about here) and the initial opinions haven't been that great...

http://diehardgamefan.com/2011/08/30...tion-sony-ps3/
    http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthrea...lems-with-MKAK

This is really disappointing considering Ed Boon stated only days ago that it was an 'arcade perfect port'. Looks like I'll be sticking to my other versions... speaking of which, does anyone know much about MAME? I hear that's the closest version of MK available.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

MK Arcade Kollection has been released (not sure about here) and the initial opinions haven't been that great...

This is really disappointing considering Ed Boon stated only days ago that it was an 'arcade perfect port'. Looks like I'll be sticking to my other versions... speaking of which, does anyone know much about MAME? I hear that's the closest version of MK available.
    MAME is like an emulator for arcade games, for the first 3 Mortal Kombats (including UMK3) they are basically rips which means you ARE running the arcade version. Arcade gaming enthusiasts can make full arcade machines using MAME as their core program (I used to be subscribed to someone on Youtube that made an MAME-based arcade machine dedicated to mortal Kombat)

I don't really care. I'm totally captivated with MK9 and can't see myself going back to play other variations of the game.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503