Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: TMNT CLASSICS!

Bah too cartoony for me, very good if you really liked the cartoon though. The toon to me it was just a fad. they should come with accessories like barrels and manhole covers though, using actual edged weapons in the 80's turtle cartoon was a big nono after all.

As for these 2012 turtles, don't mind the pupil less ones as they seem to hark back to the comics with thick set legs and round faces, not really a Turtle fan anymore though.

They all look so awesome!

The Classic figures look pretty sweet.

Will these classics be mass retail or online only? and I wonder what the price point will be?

Classics review

main line review

Thoughts later.

They seem pretty cool but not my thing. I completely outgrew 80s Turtles when the better (IMO) versions were released like the 2003 series.

I am more than happy with my Mirage NECA Turtles representing the team - My 'Turtle Primes'.

Mainline review

I'm tempted by the classics for pure sake of them being classics. Brig totally cartoon accurate is ok, but they over did it on the articulation which hinders the aesthetics a bit too much I.e the articulated fingers while nice, create too many seem lines. I'm undecided whether to pick them up, but probably will if I can find them at a reasonable price.

As for the mainline, after I saw the review- they are even better "classics" aka tf classics being great homages. The overall more
    Comic styled bodies and the face/eyes really reminiscent of the vintage line. The extra spruce of weapons also really reminds me of the vintage.
    The articulation is good and well hidden!

Honestly I think the mainline might me incidentally a better homage where th classics are merely cartoon portrayals. Might end up getting both, although don't know how far to go for other characters and vehicles if
    I ever did go down that path.

Also the fact that bbts has restricted purchase to only the US- same with the thundercats. And eBay makes the purchase more work and with additional surcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They seem pretty cool but not my thing. I completely outgrew 80s Turtles when the better (IMO) versions were released like the 2003 series.

I am more than happy with my Mirage NECA Turtles representing the team - My 'Turtle Primes'.
    I totally missed out on the 2003 series but have since seen some episodes which were good. I was a diehard turtles kid back in the day an never even got any of the original raphael I wanted. I got the reissues a few years back at normal retail here- wasnt into collecting yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Classics review

main line review

Thoughts later.
    GImme Gimme Gimme!

Still annoyed we didnt get all the reissues released out here. Never saw Shredder, Casey or the foot soldiers, even though I believe they did appear in some Kmarts.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I remember seeing some of them. I would have totally bought Beepop and Rocksteady if the missus wasn't with me at the time

Man I hope they make some more classics! I have some pre-ordered and can't wait!!!

The 80's cartoon designs are my least favourite Turtle designs so I don't care about the classics figures. But oh man, I love how the new figures look.