Page 99 of 152 FirstFirst ... 7989949596979899100101102103104109119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    The right team won today, the Storm were the better team, but the Bulldogs did very well with their limited chances, but only truly looked dangerous on the breaks.

I was impressed with Graham all season, but to do what he did to Slater is just disgusting, and he will now forever be known as an ear biter. Absolutely pathetic. Also pathetic that he got to continue playing the grand final after that, it was very obvious he had done it.
    Waqa could be in strife too or the punching, but will probably get away with it, the ol' Grand final and origin = anything goes rule. Did not have a high opinion of Ennis and Perrett before this game, and I think even less of them now, Perrett was grubby and late everytime he was near Slater or Neilsen. Ennis is a disgraceful choice for captain, his onfield behaviour is deplorable.

Sad to say that I am happy the refs didnt stuff anything up, it was my biggest fear as a neutral supporter.

Two pretty good finals from the popular football codes Now for the round ball seasons to begin.
    Slater is dirty as they come & I am not upset Graham gave him a nip. He leads with his knees in the in goal & engages in general grubbieness that would make the Gallen of years ago shake his head.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    A team that claims to be a Sydney based team however want their cake and eat it too by having SMFC (South Melbourne Football Club) on the back of their guernseys despite having relocated to Sydney over 30 years ago. When they win people refer to them as the 'Bloods', when they loose they're the Swans. Pleeeease Get an identity.
    My Sentiments exactly and is the reason why i cant stand the south Melbourne Swans.. when they do well it is always SMFC, i dispise the SMFC on the back of the shirt. this is a team that claims to be from sydney but really they are just another melbourne team.

GWS is the ONLY NSW team
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

So the trophy from the "Victorian" game went to Sydney, and the trophy from the "NSW" game went to Melbourne... like a trade.

YOU BET IT DID! WWOOOO SYDNEY!!!!!!11

I'm glad Melbourne won. Hate the Doggies with a passion. Balmain were robbed in the NSW cup. Mortimer played that ball sideline to sideline effectiviely taking the markers out of play. Loved the under 20's game. Joey got it wrong. Koribete is not a star of the future. He is a star of the present!

Watched the 49ers put away the Jets this morning. Yay! A girl I went to school with is a mad Jets fan and anytime they loose it is the officials fault or something. Never the better team won.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    GWS is the ONLY NSW team
    QFT (I love you right now )

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Watched the 49ers put away the Jets this morning.
    How good was it!! If defense wins championships we got it in the bag
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
    Slater is dirty as they come & I am not upset Graham gave him a nip. He leads with his knees in the in goal & engages in general grubbieness that would make the Gallen of years ago shake his head.
    Can't see how someone ever deserves having their ear bitten, no matter how much of a grub you feel they are.

Seems to be a big discrepancy in expectations for Graham's penalty, some are saying 4-5, most saying 8-10. Last few biting charges have gone for one or the other too, so no real precedent. I like Graham, and thought he was a wonderful buy and a potential future leader at the club, but he has undone it all with one massive act of stupidity.

And Batrim, I could not agree with you more about Koribete, as long as he stays fit he will be a champion, same with Edrick Lee from the Raiders.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Can't see how someone ever deserves having their ear bitten, no matter how much of a grub you feel they are.
    It is not like he had a chunk taken out of his ear. He just got a little nip thats all. Graham was/is a fool but those lads from the north don't muck about in a scrap & Slater got off very lightly all things considered. A low act no doubt but more a warning nip than a full fledged bite like a dog giving you a little nip to say you have pissed it off.

I freely admit I don't like Slater but I respect his ability as a footballer.

Seems to be a big discrepancy in expectations for Graham's penalty, some are saying 4-5, most saying 8-10. Last few biting charges have gone for one or the other too, so no real precedent. I like Graham, and thought he was a wonderful buy and a potential future leader at the club, but he has undone it all with one massive act of stupidity.
    He should rightly get 10-12 weeks but there are two issues. One is that he is pleading not guilty & two all the footage I have seen whilst damming does not clearly show him biting Slater. Anyone can read between the lines & see he bit him but can you conclusively state the footage shows him biting him or just getting his mouth near his ear?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    FACT - Women's sports are brutal!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]