Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS not delivering to Australia

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default USPS not delivering to Australia

So as of last week (the 3rd, I believe) USPS is advising that it will not deliver packages to Australia, due to COVID. I have had a parcel, that I purchased from e-bay in late August, refused (and subsequently refunded, with of course a loss due to Paypal's currency conversion). There is of course no advice of the duration of this suspension of service.

Looks like my Fangry got out just in time

From the USPS website:

Australia’s service disruptions affect First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets and International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets only.
    There is a list of countries that have suspension of service, and their list of services is different to Australia's, which implies that some services might still be available for Americans who want to send things here.

Damn, I have a pile of loot at BBTS, hoping I can get it sent

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Damn, I have a pile of loot at BBTS, hoping I can get it sent
    Don't they still have Fed Ex and UPS at BBTS?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Don't they still have Fed Ex and UPS at BBTS?
    Yeah BBTS has various shipping options. Your only issue would be if it's already in transit.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Haven't got it sent yet, but I'll have to make sure I choose the right one. Gonna cost me a kidney to get it posted anyway. Now I remember why I stopped using BBTS

Crap, I have a USPS package in transit right now.

I checked all my items in transit last night. I'm mostly safe, except of all things an MISB G1 Jazz I had being sent by USPS hasn't moved since August 24. "Cleared and awaiting international departure" is the last update.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Crap, I have a USPS package in transit right now.
    Can you see any tracking? If you can, and it appears to have already left the US, then all is well (probably), but if not I suspect it'll be turned back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I checked all my items in transit last night. I'm mostly safe, except of all things an MISB G1 Jazz I had being sent by USPS hasn't moved since August 24. "Cleared and awaiting international departure" is the last update.
    That's a bad sign. My parcel, from a few days later than that, spent a week and a half saying only tracking information provided (not even confirmation that it had been received by the post office), and then it was returned.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    That's a bad sign. My parcel, from a few days later than that, spent a week and a half saying only tracking information provided (not even confirmation that it had been received by the post office), and then it was returned.
    Drats. Well I guess I'll just let it play out for the time being. If it gets returned to sender then I'll have him ship it again via Fedex or something.