Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: International Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    What's even scarier is it looked like that several months ago when I was over there and hasn't seemed to have changed! Talk about de ja vu!
    Toys'R'Us HK seem to be really slow in updating their TR line (maybe because these guys aren't shifting... which may be because they put them on the shelves almost 6 weeks after every other store got them in).
    It must just be the figure in general - most, if not all stores that I visit have Scourge in abundance on show. Even Wheelie is selling through faster.
    Curioser and curioser...

Scourge and Blurr are all over those photos, and were the last to sell in most of the stores around me.
    The tank (Hardhead) I can understand going first, but I wonder why the gater (Skullsmasher) is doing better than Scourge and Blurr... maybe because you can still tell what it's alt-mode is, while Blurr and Scourge are... what again?

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Scourge and Blurr are all over those photos, and were the last to sell in most of the stores around me.
    The tank (Hardhead) I can understand going first, but I wonder why the gater (Skullsmasher) is doing better than Scourge and Blurr... maybe because you can still tell what it's alt-mode is, while Blurr and Scourge are... what again?
    I concur, Blurr and Scourge's alt-modes are extremely futuristic/alien. Unless the beholder is a g1 fan like us who grew up seeing those things, it's not as easy to appreciate. Less nostalgia value. But regardless, Blurr and Scourge are pretty good toys.

More from Hong Kong, courtesy of member Christalcase... just to make the rest of us extremely jealous.

Wonderland in Whampoa. Still sitting on a lot of 2014 stock it seems. They look to have more 2014 stock (not just movie toys) than 2016 stock.
    They still must get in new stock quickly though as the MP Optimus Primal is there, on the day of its release.

Aeon in Whampoa.
    Looks like more Rescue Bots toys than anything else... it is either doing really well in HK for retailers to want so much of it, or really bad, for it to be shelfwarming.
    They have the recent RID Warrior Windblade and Scorponok wave too... which we are still waiting on in Australia.

ToysRUs in Whampoa.
    A nice range, but nothing really to point out... other than the poor shelfwarming Blurr and Scourge.

More sightings in Hong Kong from yesterday.

In Terminal 2 at the Airport, there was a surprising amount of stores and three of them had varying amounts of toys, including this one that had quite a few Transformers on sale and in their display cases, including very recent ones... most for surprisingly reasonable prices for an Airport store.

At the top is the new Lynxmaster and Liokaiser, along with other combiners and the SDCC Devastator.

Not only did they have the Hasbro Fortress Maxims, but they also had the Japanese one for sale as well.

They had two display shelves of Kids Logic Transformers.

And out the front in one of the display cases was an original RID Brave Maximus.

One of the other stores in that terminal had a random selection of a handful of Transformers, including these old ones - Fire Guts God Ginrai, SDCC fembot 3-pack, and the Superlink Devastator.

At the ToysRUs Express in Central - nothing unusual that wasn't in the other photos of other HK ToysRUs stores.

One of the independent toy stores at Wan Chai had the new Rescue Bots High Tide that had shown up in the other recent photos, but with it were reissues of the bigger first year toys, with grey redeco weapons from their second year release. This explained why the High Tide figure looked bigger in those other photos, because it is of the old larger size to go with this new assortment.

Looks like we aren't the only ones to have Transformers offloaded at a discount chain (Reject Shop here), as the American discount retailer Ross, has the Fortress Maximus toy for just US$55... that's about a third of the regular US Retail price.
    That would be like it being on sale here for a mere AU$90.
    If only we had that here just before Christmas too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like we aren't the only ones to have Transformers offloaded at a discount chain (Reject Shop here), as the American discount retailer Ross, has the Fortress Maximus toy for just US$55... that's about a third of the regular US Retail price.
    That would be like it being on sale here for a mere AU$90.
    If only we had that here just before Christmas too.
    I've managed to convince myself I don't need to own this new Fortress Maximus. But if I saw him in a store for $100 I wouldn't be able to resist!

First day in the Philippines at a local toystore Toy Kingdom and tempted to grab already Six Shot... They have almost all Titans Return toys up to wave 4 from legends to leaders and missing only gnaws and kickbacks

I want to go to there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I want to go to there.
    And it is only one of the normal local toystore in our area. Normally i need to go the big TRU stores in Manila to find what i need. Will try the specialty hobby shops in the next few days.