Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: TF4 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I think it's wrong for Michael Bay to be directing this film if it is indeed a reboot. If everything else is different, why shouldn't the director change too? I believe it should be someone else's interpretation of the Transformers universe, not this idiots second chance draw...
    +1. 4th chance.

It's awesome he's directing number 4! Means it'll be action packed, a stunning visual masterpiece, with a couple of bad actors in it for good measure. Bring back Ironhide!

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    It's awesome he's directing number 4! Means it'll be action packed, a stunning visual masterpiece, with a couple of bad actors in it for good measure. Bring back Ironhide!
    Ummm........Im not sure if you are taking the @#$@ but I agree with you!! He is good at what he does.

No I'm serious. I love the TF movies! Sure he could have been given a better story to work with but I think he has done some awesome work. And I think the sales from DOTM show that. I wouldn't mind if he re did the original (and the best) G1 movie, that'd be sweet! Although I'm sure all the hard core G1 fans would cry out in anger and say things like "you've had unwanted sexual relations with my childhood memories" or something along those lines.

I really hope there will be more Transformers, and less (if no) humans!

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    No I'm serious. I love the TF movies! Sure he could have been given a better story to work with but I think he has done some awesome work. And I think the sales from DOTM show that. I wouldn't mind if he re did the original (and the best) G1 movie, that'd be sweet! Although I'm sure all the hard core G1 fans would cry out in anger and say things like "you've had unwanted sexual relations with my childhood memories" or something along those lines.
    I agree. Ok, they weren't perfect, but they were still immensely entertaining, which, after all, is what movies like this are for, and the sequels (particularly DotM) show that feedback is taken into consideration.

And far from having my 'childhood ruined', I would say the first movie took me back to my childhood; the experience of seeing these colossal robots on screen left me gawking at the screen in amazement like a little kid.

^ aww yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    And far from having my 'childhood ruined', I would say the first movie took me back to my childhood; the experience of seeing these colossal robots on screen left me gawking at the screen in amazement like a little kid.
    Me too and that is why I went back to the Cinemas a further 3 times, ditto for ROTF & twice for DOTM - Loved these films and hope the 4th at least equals their success.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Me too and that is why I went back to the Cinemas a further 3 times, ditto for ROTF & twice for DOTM - Loved these films and hope the 4th at least equals their success.
    Hursti I'm with you, i have quite pleased with the films. They didn't ruin my childhood nor did they replace any particular part of the canon for me.
    As stand alone films they are great and i know of many non-transfans that love the films.
    I have no doubt that a forth instalment will be just as good and will receive the same praise and the same heat no matter how good or bad it is.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I too love these movies and i also saw these a couple of times at the cinema, of course ROTF left a bit to be desired but there were writing and shooting the movie at the same (due to the writers strike). I still fast skip to the scene when the Autobots (the first movie) arrive and we see them transform for the first time (Optimus was awesome). I would like to see a reboot and maybe follow the original story line.