Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

See my post a bit earlier!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    ...you can check out this thread on he-man.org that lists known releases as they're announced... Evil Lyn for instance is due January.
    Looks like that is all that is known right now (apart from the figure stands).

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    See my post a bit earlier!

Looks like that is all that is known right now (apart from the figure stands).
    Thank you. I was previously under the impression that the January Evil-Lyn was a repaint (non-yellow skin). I am regretting that I got that one from the Chinese seller now.

Too bad that there isn't any more info on reissues as I would rather get them from Matty than Ebay.

I am also glad they are reissuing the figure stands. If my Evil-Lyn problem gets resolved satisfactorily, I may get two sets of them.

Evil-Lyn is a nice figure. In fact, I have to say that the MOTUC line has really nice female sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I bought a few of these loose MOTUC figures and I can confirm that they are indeed legit but I can also add that they are not just stolen but factory rejects or returns.

Here is the condition of the figures I received:

Beast Man
    EBay Auction Page
    Figure received
    Unpainted mouth + plus a very 'dirty' painted head.

Faker
    EBay Auction Page
    Figure received
    Incorrect forearm & Twisted ankle

Evil-Lyn
    Ebay Auction Page
    Figure Received
    Paint defects and blotches throughout her body.

She-Ra
    Ebay Auction Page
    Figure Received Scratches and rough surfaces all over her gold armor and overall 'dirty' paint job

If you see a Chinese dealer selling lots of loose MOTUC figures, beware as they are not just 'loose' but factory rejects.

The Dealer's "What can you see and what can you get." in the description is also very misleading as he has clearly taken photos of his best toys and selling the worse ones as what I got is certainly not what is in the Auction picture.
    The same guy that sold me the figs above has re-appeared on Ebay but using a different user name. I know it's him because of the recycled photos and "What can you see and what can you get." tag so watch out.

New Listing:

http://shop.ebay.com.au/wwjlee/m.html

That seller sent me a Faker with 2 right feet. Was at a time when Faker was commanding a hefty price. I managed to get a partial refund, which was okay... but paypal kept insisting I send the toy back for a full refund (registered w/ tracking... at my expense). The seller is known as a dumpster diver on some other toy websites... you only get what he finds in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    That seller sent me a Faker with 2 right feet. Was at a time when Faker was commanding a hefty price. I managed to get a partial refund, which was okay... but paypal kept insisting I send the toy back for a full refund (registered w/ tracking... at my expense). The seller is known as a dumpster diver on some other toy websites... you only get what he finds in the bin.
    Do you have a link to that website?

This is beginning to explain things as some of the 'fading' on the figures is consistent with sun damage.

Also, he lied about 5 times that he sent the replacement foot. Along with made up tracking info. Very dishonest. Got negative feedback from me.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    Also, he lied about 5 times that he sent the replacement foot. Along with made up tracking info. Very dishonest. Got negative feedback from me.
    He claims that he has sent me replacement figures. I will have to wait and see but I will open a dispute before the time to do so expires just in case.

Unfortunately his feedback is overwhelmingly positive so it's hard to tell that he is dishonest unless you deal with him.

It also seems that negative feedback is not a deterrent for him as he 'abandons' an ebay user name and then takes a new one for a clean slate as he has done recently, he probably jumps ship when he has encountered the possibility of having to give a refund to someone.

I am hoping that I do receive the replacement parts as although the other figures are bad, I can restore them but Faker with the wrong wrist is very difficult to fix and he has sun damage in his upper arms.
    Last edited by kup; 16th December 2010 at 09:19 AM.

Do you have a link to that website?

This is beginning to explain things as some of the 'fading' on the figures is consistent with sun damage.
    No links sorry... was a while ago, and I just generally go off memory. I know he has definately been talked about at He-man.org.

It also seems that negative feedback is not a deterrent for him as he 'abandons' an ebay user name and then takes a new one for a clean slate as he has done recently, he probably jumps ship when he has encountered the possibility of having to give a refund to someone.
    I've seen him list 'unpainted' samples and some other quite nice things. I guess if you get them cheap then it's all good, most of the stuff comes incomplete, without packaging and, quite often, accessories. If you look at his other sales it's obvious something is shady.