• Only if cheap

1 20.00%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

1 20.00%
  • Not even interested

2 40.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Shatter (Power Plus Series)

Default Toy Review - Shatter (Power Plus Series)

SHATTER
    Series – Bumblebee
    Size/class - Power Plus Series
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of Dropkick
    Wave - 2
    Released here – Not yet
    Approximate Retail Price - $29
    Approximate Size - 11.5cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Plymouth Satelitte^Chevrolet Camaro w/ exposed engine
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Energon Igniter motor
    Main Colours – red & black
    Main Accessories – Energon Igniter motor

stock image because ceebs to take photos

Note: This toy is a redeco of Dropkick; see the review thread for thoughts about the core mould.

Most of this toy is a straight up repaint of Dropkick. The only mould change is the head/chest section, which appears to be sculpted with Shatter's battle mask down. The main improvement on this toy is that it comes with an Energon Igniter motor. The down side is that the motor is weak as. My 31 year old Throttlebots roll better than this thing. And of course, it's going to cost $29. Yyyeeeaaahh... no. As fun as the Energon Igniter gimmick may be, the toy simply doesn't justify its asking price.

Shattered expectations huh?

The Bumblebee toyline is really shaping up to be a solid miss overall for me I think...

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Shattered expectations huh?
    Eeeeeyyyyy! Since I already own Dropkick I knew what to expect. At least she comes with a motor. Also, this was a freebie for me (whereas Dropkick was a waste of $15 ) - the toy's not out in stores yet. Not that anyone's missing out on anything great.

The two best Bumblebee toys I've seen so far have been:
    * Legends Class Bumblebee; a super nice legends figure that's also compatible with the Energon Igniter gimmick. Both the Camaro and VW Bumblebees are great figures.
    * Studio Series 18; a much cheaper version of MPM7 that's loads better value for money.
    Legends Optimus Prime is already pretty decent and I guess Barricade looks okay. But yeah, the line as a whole hasn't enthused me. And a lot of the simpler Bumblebee toys for little kids are still really tabby and surprisingly unforgiving in transforming. Fine for older collectors, but a strange thing to do on toys which are meant to be simplified for small kids. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Eeeeeyyyyy! Since I already own Dropkick I knew what to expect. At least she comes with a motor. Also, this was a freebie for me (whereas Dropkick was a waste of $15 ) - the toy's not out in stores yet. Not that anyone's missing out on anything great.

The two best Bumblebee toys I've seen so far have been:
    * Legends Class Bumblebee; a super nice legends figure that's also compatible with the Energon Igniter gimmick. Both the Camaro and VW Bumblebees are great figures.
    * Studio Series 18; a much cheaper version of MPM7 that's loads better value for money.
    Legends Optimus Prime is already pretty decent and I guess Barricade looks okay. But yeah, the line as a whole hasn't enthused me. And a lot of the simpler Bumblebee toys for little kids are still really tabby and surprisingly unforgiving in transforming. Fine for older collectors, but a strange thing to do on toys which are meant to be simplified for small kids. Odd.
    Yeah the legends figures seem to be the stars of this movie 6 line so far - and SS Bee of course.