Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    How does that work? Do I just blast that area with a hair dryer? If so, how high should I set it, how long etc? (don't wanna inadvertantly melt the plastic)

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    I tried this with a lighter on a stress mark that appeared on my Cyclonus figure and ended up making it 10x worse; so I would advise extreme caution. Start on the lowest setting and only for a few seconds at a time. Work your way up in power slowly and turn it off the moment you see the barest hint of a reaction from the stress mark. I got overzealous when I noticed a change and ended up watching in horror as the stress mark disappeared only to be replaced by an ugly burn.
    You definitely want to isolate the bit that is affected with the stress mark. I did it with my botcon clench, the foot also had a stress mark. I started off on the highest temperature and about 1-2 cm away from the hair dryer for only a few seconds. If it has not faded or improved in ~5 seconds, than i would stop entirely as it maybe closer to being a crack than a simple stress mark. BUT YEAH, YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I would advise against the use of a lighter, hair dryer only.

...might be just safer/simpler to just colour over it with a Sharpie since it's black plastic. :0

went to finally attempt to transform my hasbro mp rodimus and the foot just snapped off. glued it but wont be trying that again.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    went to finally attempt to transform my hasbro mp rodimus and the foot just snapped off. glued it but wont be trying that again.
    This happened to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    This happened to me too.
    This is the first i've heard of the foot snapping I've heard plenty of horror stories about the shoulders breaking during transformation and even just standing there on display.

My Hasbro Rodimus's ratchet joint at the knee broke. I don't think the plastic was fully formed on the ring part of the joint.

On the other hand my Takara one, the version that is super fragile, is in perfect condition.

My cat knocked my ROTF Armorhide off of it's shelf and its gun snapped off.
    now I have 2 broken armorhides
    don't think I'll be buying a third

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. It's a very poorly designed toy. I can certainly see the foot snapping given the pressure required to move it and position with the poor quality of plastic.

My 2 yr old just broke a smokestack off my 5 yr olds mp10, just by knocking it off a table onto soft carpet

Ages 5 and up my bum!

...transformed BW Grimlock today... broke a bit of gold plastic. Fortunately it's not hugely important, it's part of the hole at the back of the robot leg that pegs into the raptor chest. Now that part of it has broken off, it doesn't peg in very solidly, but it still holds in place. It's not as bad as when one of his robot feet's heel spurs broke off. *sigh* Needless to say that I very rarely handle toys w/ GPS. I was transforming Grimlock ever so slowly and carefully and still managed to break part of the gold plastic! Gah.

Shortly after that happened, I had this scenario appear in my mind...
    MC: "Welcome to BotCon, and our first guest from Hasbro is the person who introduced gold plastic for Transformers!"
    Crowd jeers. Anything not nailed down is thrown at the guest.