Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet X vs Fansproject not-Sludge

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Do you REALLY need two functioning kidneys? That's a luxury we can all live without. Just like having a perfect credit history and a clean criminal record. They're Dinobots!
    ...It's not like I wanted to eat this month anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Probably best to stick to one. I'm guessing it might take another 18 months to release the entire 6-figure set for the FP-LER line. However, since you're an avid CHUG-scale collector, I'm guessing you won't be able to turn away from all the awesome third party combiners and city-bots.

If you're serious about collecting both lines, I'd go with FP first, as it is the more difficult of the two when swallowing after-market prices.
    Yeah I have to agree 18 months sounds about right!! Thanks for the thoughts... I certainly do find FP after-market prices to be ludicrous at times, whilst PX is essentially unproven. After looking at the pics more and taking other comments into account, I'm leaning toward FP. Have placed a preorder for Columpio now on BBTS but hope to wait for early video reviews before committing. Worse comes to worse I can burn $100 on sampling this figure I guess.

A little off-topic but yes I definitely have an avid interest in the 3rd party combiners on offer - my picks are FP Bruticus (one of the first), FP Superion (happy enough with this), MT Green Giant, FP Menasor, MMC Predaking, and to-be-released MT Defensor. Have drawn the line on the series with Headmasters, therefore won't be getting the MT Scorponok. Plenty happy enough with Hasbro Metroplex, and hoping someone will do a Trypticon sometime (please!!!??).

Do you REALLY need two functioning kidneys? That's a luxury we can all live without. Just like having a perfect credit history and a clean criminal record. They're Dinobots!
    I love it... need to take some lessons on priorities from you!!
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

It's very unfortunate for Planet X that a long-term winner like FP came along.

I have nothing bad to say about Planet X. Their work on WFC Omega Supreme is amazing. It's one of my favourite third party toys ever. Reviews of their Caelus are equally glowing and it's on my to get list. The quality is top notch and surpasses even many FP and Maketoys.

I'll definitely be getting both but I feel a great deal of sympathy for them as they do deserve some recognition for their great work but their speed of releases has been to slow to build up good will. Maybe if they had done WFC Omega Supreme later people would have bit easier once they knew the quality they were going to get.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I had no idea that there were so many brands releasing them...I'd only seen Fanstoys Dibots. I'm really am a sucker for G1 theme and they do a fantastic job. Hopefully they learn from Scoria to apply that bit more time into their toys before their release and make sure the qc issues are ironed out. At least they were quick to jump onto it and announce the replacement parts..

Just received the TFCon version of Fansproject Sludge. Columpio is cool, but with a diaclone pilot as well? AWESOME.

He can even fit in the cockpit if you turn the gold point bits around (they rotate, to reveal the cockpit). I wish the others got diaclone drivers, or they were sold separately
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I like Planet X but I am afraid that FP Dinobots win for me. I already have the Planet X Swoop and it is awesome but FP looks to be better so will be going for that team.

I will of course support Planet X in other ventures they set out to do and who knows, I may feel like getting their Slag from them.

What they should do is a proper FOC Prime and Megatron.

Crap. Another third party set of Dinobots, that this time can combine. But I want them all!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Crap. Another third party set of Dinobots, that this time can combine. But I want them all!
    To me, combining dinobots are more of a deterrent than a plus.

Never heard of them. I'll be sticking to the known manufacturers
    Spiderken Away!

This is really getting out of hand. They're just jumping on the hype train. We're getting FOC Dinobots from Planet X, MP Dinobots from Fans Toys (or Giga toys) and G1 Dinobots from that other 3P. All bases covered. Fansproject is fine, if you like their style, but no more please! We're at a point where third parties are just churning out shitty designs to get on the hype train. Don't mean to sound like a negative nancy, but I saw the GCreations Sludge today and he just looks crap to me. They need to slow down.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust