Thread: Taking the plunge ...

Default Taking the plunge ...

Hi everyone,

I am a long, long time lurker (at least five years) who has finally taken the plunge and signed up. I've found this forum a great source of local TF info and really enjoy the Action Pose and Acquisitions threads. I might even start to keep track of what I buy each month (could be scary).

I'll check in later when I've got a bit more time to tell you a bit about my collection and Transformers story.

Looking forward to talking Transformers with you all.

Cheers,

Tfgrandaddy

Megatran Guest

At least five years. Glad you joined up. Welcome to Ozformers fellow Melburnian. Enjoy your stay here.

Look forward to your TF collection story.

Welcome Aboard the board, look forward to your collection stories as well and contributions to the action pose thread
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks! I haven't ever tried to take an action pic myself - I do like photography so I'll have to give it a go (I'll try not to take five years this time).

Welcome aboard the Ark.

welcome

its a very friendly forum here and a nice place to drop in on the net
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

It's good to be here. So my interest in Transformers began in 1987, when at the tender age of not-quite-four I got given Runamuck by my Grandma on the eve of my little sister's birth. It was a present to say that even though the spotlight was not currently on me, I was still loved. I digged the purple grid card, the toy's orange, cream and cold colours, and the roll-back-and-go action. I later connected that toy to the cartoon and, when my Dad brought home a VCR, the '86 movie was one of the first videos we hired. Soon after I was given a copy of the Marvel US Transformers comics issue 41 (the battle between Blaster and Grimlock on the moon). I loved all of these things and was quickly obsessed. I was into everything (even Action Masters) until late G2. G2 Jazz was the last figure I ended up getting in the mid-90s before moving on to other things. I loved the UK and US comic when I was a kid - especially Simon Furman's later issues. It was Furman's War Within Dreamwave comics, reprints of Marvel UK and being able to buy the G1 cartoon on DVD that sucked me back into the hobby.
    The first figure I bought as an adult was Masterpiece Grimlock almost five years ago. Then I got a Generations Warpath. Hard not to be impressed right? Here I am now with a pretty large collection of bots. I'm trying to be more select about my purchases now, cutting down to a G1-focused collection (which means getting rid of some Animated and Movie-figures). I'm still looking for a MISC Runamuck for a fair price. I know he's not the best example of G1, but we had some good times together.

Welcome aboard mate, I love your story about getting into Transformers, it's so great that you have such wonderful memories of that era. While a little #ahem# younger than myself I'm impressed that you got through the action masters into G2, which was great for my brother who is nine years younger than me, he lovingly referred to the non-transforming transformers as craption masters which made me laugh so hard considering his age at the time.
    You have made a smart move by concentrating your collecting, it will save a lot of stress and $$$
    I have G1 Runabout MOSC but his dodgy counterpart has been a lot harder to come by. All the best in your quest, be patient and you will get him at the right price, don't let your heart run your brain on that one
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Thanks for the advice Jetfire. I really am a sucker for Action Masters. Some of them have great paint apps!