Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Member Listing and Rankings changed

I shall be your Starscream Griffin Mwahahahaha. Oh wait I'm too lazy to run this board, maybe I should compare myself to someone less ambitious like Beachcomber

Or how about using a different Techspec value (Strength, Firepower, Skill, etc), so that we get an easy-to-see numbering/ordering system, without it looking like non-staff-members are given an actual 'rank' over other non-staff-members?
    (I'm not ruling out the toy size classes idea)

In my POV, I believe the toy size classes would create less divide between members / DM as there is a less obvious and measurable difference as opposed to a clear number ranking system.

Most members and new members would have at least a basic knowledge of the toy size classes (if not, it can be referenced fairly easily) giving them some idea on how they interact with the board and other fans without drawing lines of clear separation which a numerical method implies.

If any form of 'elitism' does surface on the board, I have complete confidence in our moderators that they can address these issues.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yeah, I see where 5FDP's coming from. I think the problem with using the word "rank" is that people automatically assume that we have a vertical hierarchy here (and thus people of higher rank can "pull rank" over those of lower rank).

And yeah, the first thing I thought of was "Firepower" too

Here's a suggestion - why not make it like the Takara reissue G1 tech specs?
    For example, griffin could have a total of 80 points which he can then distribute amongst his abilities, which would make it:
    STR: 10
    INT: 10
    SPD: 10
    END: 10
    RNK: 10
    CRG: 10
    FPR: 10
    SKL: 10
    ----------
    TOT: 80

Then just give lower ranking members less "total" points which they can choose to allocate to various abilities, e.g. dirge might have 70 points to play with, 1orion2many with 60 etc. You could automatically have all the abilities evenly distributed until each user chooses to adjust them in their personal settings. But ultimately only the "Total" score really matters, everything else is just for fun.

I have NO idea how to execute this - it's just an idea I pulled out of my proverbial. Cos otherwise I'd concur with going back to the Price Points/Size Classes.

The numbers thing is probably gonna have to go... Everytime I post, especially in discussion topics, all I see is a 'rank' that makes it look like I'm always right and can never be 'out-ranked' on anything. Not the impression I wanted on myself.
    I'll look over the toy class option, and see if it can work just as cleanly, without the side-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The numbers thing is probably gonna have to go... Everytime I post, especially in discussion topics, all I see is a 'rank' that makes it look like I'm always right and can never be 'out-ranked' on anything.
    You'll be outranked if Rapido turns up!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The numbers thing is probably gonna have to go... Everytime I post, especially in discussion topics, all I see is a 'rank' that makes it look like I'm always right and can never be 'out-ranked' on anything. Not the impression I wanted on myself.
    I'll look over the toy class option, and see if it can work just as cleanly, without the side-effects.
    Ahah but you see I'm getting some factional moderators on my side to get the numbers to issue a leadership challenge in a bid to become Prime Moderator!

My first action as new Prime Moderator will be to abolish the GST tax on Transformers hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    My first action as new Prime Moderator will be to abolish the GST tax on Transformers hurrah!
    Should we be expecting to see your mug on the cover of Women's Day anytime soon?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Should we be expecting to see your mug on the cover of Women's Day anytime soon?
    There will be a special MAD style fold-out section at the back where you can fold my ear lobes together.

U U D D L R L R D U U U D , this is the combination to unlock level 11 god mode?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion