Page 49 of 154 FirstFirst ... 293944454647484950515253545969 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Nabbed the two pirates impulse sets from Big W, and now really really want the pirates sets from Target when they are released.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Aquired the entire Space Police range from Big W and the Camper, Tow Truck and Heli Truck at Kmart. Time to make these babies.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Nabbed the two pirates impulse sets from Big W, and now really really want the pirates sets from Target when they are released.
    I saw all the Target exclusive sets (Pirates, Medieval Village, Spongebob) at Target ready for the sale. Not interested with the Pirate sets at all so am giving it a miss. Full price so best to wait for the sale in 2-3 weeks.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Did your bigw have the gold heist? 5971

It was in the catalog, but my local never had it.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Yeah they did. All the Big W's I went to had it. It's actually a really great set. That dropship is more than meets the eye. I'll leave it for you to joyfully find out.

Just finished the Camper Van and the Truck Space Police. The Camper van was amazing but the Space Truck was a little underwhelming personally.

Grabbed all the Space Police sets at Big W today. But with the amount of purchases I've already made this week, not to mention the fact that I have to rearrange my play room to display all the new stuff, they wont be built until Monday at the earliest.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

At Big W broadmedows toy sale night I put the smallest Space Police set on Layby with some other non lego stuff. First lego I have got(well almost) in proabably 20 years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Just finished the Camper Van and the Truck Space Police. The Camper van was amazing but the Space Truck was a little underwhelming personally.
    The Camper is a very similar item to the Joker ice cream van that was released with the newer Batmobile "Tumbler" last year, same colours and general design, just a bit larger.

My local Target had one smaller Spongebob set, the two larger Pirate sets (The ship has a wench!) but not all the new stuff, and already looks far too overpacked...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Insane sales day

From Myers I picked up
    8017 Vaders Tie Fighter for $32.50
    7048 Troll Warship for $65

Due to the 15% discount for this weekend only, on top of 20% off Lego in their catalogue.

From TRU I got 7041 Troll Battle Wheel for $32.50
    Which is weird because the tagged price is $60 and I only used a 20% off coupon from the newsletter. I didn't get to try this with TFs because the girl took the coupon off me.

Okay, my July acquisitions:

Space Police 3:

Easily the best theme released this year. I had the highest expectations for this theme and they were all met. Great fun to build, great playability and the alien minifigs are the best in a long time. Cant wait to grab the Squidman's Pitstop and Max Security Transport when they get released.

Pirates II:

Was slightly disappointed by this theme. The ship is easily the highlight being the most enjoyable to build but the rest of the sets I didn't really find anything special about them. I don't dislike the theme, just didn't enjoy building it as much as other themes such as SP3, Agents and Power Miners.

Power Miners Rock Wrecker:

Probably the most disappointing vehicle in the PM line thus far but still has its charm. Don't pay full price as the set has nowhere near the value/playability of the awesome Thunder Driller which is the same price but for its sale price of $35, its passable.

Still waiting on Agents 2.0 and Castle, both of which have a lot to live up to compared to SP3.

PS. Is it just my local store or has everyone noticed that Pirates and Spongebob sets are completely sold out at Target? Glad I grabbed my sets yesterday before the official start of the sale.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Yes Pirates sets have been a pain to find at Target. Still hunting for the loot island. But today I did manage to get the 2 smallest sets, the canon wall battle and the kraken attack.