Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic Review: Windblade

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I get the feeling I am the only one who wasn't particularly impressed with the art style. I didn't hate it, but for me it felt like something that belonged more in a TF: Animated comic than one set on a G1'ish Cybertron where the only city in the desolate wasteland is a energy-depleted titan.
    I'm with you - did not overly love it (and I loved TF Animated). I felt that it made Windblade fragile and less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm impressed. Before picking up this comic today, I was really worried that Windblade was going to be another Drift, but she's far from it. You mean, a character with weaknesses and massive complications to overcome?!? The art style, to me, appears to be inspired by Shojo Manga. For those who may not know, that's the style of Japanese comic book that's targeted at females (e.g. Sailormoon, Utena, Rayearth et al.) - and not surprisingly, Starscream is looking rather Biseinen ('beautiful man', e.g. Weiss Kreuz, Kenshin etc.).
    The bishojo characterisation were exactly what lessened my interest - especially that girly moment between Windblade and Chromia before Windblade flew off in search of Ironhide. Definitely liked Starscream's characterisation and art making him dangerous and conniving.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Issue #2 felt like it was going to be another slow burning setup issue, getting pieces in play.

It did and then... whammo we are right into the meat of it now. with who is down there, it should make for interesting results.

Also interesting that the plan is mostly laid bare so soon, I guess after all these years of 5 issue Furman story arcs it does seem strange to have action and plots revealed in issue #2!

I'm sure there will be plenty more, twists, turns and double turns and back stabbings!

Also, this artwork works very well for Waspinator, you can see the misery and suffering he has gone through.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Is anyone else unable to buy issue #2 on Comixology? I can add it to my wish list but not purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Is anyone else unable to buy issue #2 on Comixology? I can add it to my wish list but not purchase.
    If you're using an Apple device, you can't buy comics through the Comixology app any more. You'll have to go to the website, buy the comic through there, check out, then sync your purchases in the app as usual. Then you will be able to download it.

If you're not using an Apple, then I'm afraid I don't know. I know Amazon are bypassing Google now, but you should still be able to buy through the Android app.

I love the lighting in the artwork. And another thing I'm really enjoying in this series is that there's a lot more of something that MTMTE and RID lack --- TRANSFORMING! Whenever 'bots want to go somewhere, they transform! I especially love the panel where Windblade hasn't transformed yet, but her VTOLs have already begun aligning themselves and firing up (so that when she does transform they're ready to punch!); a very nice touch!

"Simple, disguise. Besides, it sure beats walking!"
    - Trailbreaker (More Than Meets The Eye)

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    If you're using an Apple device, you can't buy comics through the Comixology app any more. You'll have to go to the website, buy the comic through there, check out, then sync your purchases in the app as usual. Then you will be able to download it.

If you're not using an Apple, then I'm afraid I don't know. I know Amazon are bypassing Google now, but you should still be able to buy through the Android app.
    Thanks, that answers my question.

I enjoyed the second issue more than the first - I'm getting used to the artwork, Starscream came off as a real sod touching Windblades wound like that (especially since as a human I couldn't help but think 'a male doing that to a female is extra shameful'), Rattrap is really developing into Starscreams stooge/evil henchman in training and the end of the issue with the Terrorcons living in Metroplex's fuel reserves makes me really excited for issue 3!

i just read through all 4 issues, I really liked it what happened to nautica though? she sort of disappeared. I haven't gotten any of the RID/MTMTE after dark cybertron yet so don't know if she is in them.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i just read through all 4 issues, I really liked it what happened to nautica though? she sort of disappeared. I haven't gotten any of the RID/MTMTE after dark cybertron yet so don't know if she is in them.
    Nautica joined the Lost Light and is a main cast member in MTMTE

Well I finally got the final issue (had to grab it off ebay in the end). It was a very interesting finale, was not expecting at all to find out that Chromia was the bomber, and the way Windblade manipulated Starscream into doing what was good for her, Chromia, the lost colonies etc by framing it in a way that it would all contribute to Starscreams personal glory and his rep as The Chosen One was very good. Overall the ending brought this 4-parter up a few levels in my opinion.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the new Windblade mini-series in the Combiner Wars comics that comes out in a few months.