View Poll Results: GEN-15 Legends Windcharger - worth buying?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 18.18%
  • Only if...

6 54.55%
  • Not worth it

2 18.18%
  • Not even interested

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Windcharger

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 Legends Windcharger

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted in the pre-existing group review topic here if you want.

WINDCHARGER
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco (2014 Tailgate - no Targetmaster)
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $20) US$10
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - none (Gen1 homage)
    Main Colours - Red, light grey.
    Main Accessories - none

Last edited by griffin; 12th January 2015 at 09:29 PM.

I voted Yes... but I should have voted 'If only' you don't have RTS Windchager which is superior.

I was a little disappointed with this Windcharger figure, which is odd since I was quite satisfied with Tailgate with whom he shares a similar configuration.

The fact that his back window is not segmented yet they have tried to make his robot legs look like that is still part of the alt-mode, the big shoulders and small head... welll....:

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I voted Yes... but I should have voted 'If only' you don't have RTS Windchager which is superior.
    ...exactly! I really like my RTS Windhcarger - he is a great figure and this Windcharger is inferior in every respect. Whilst I dont regret my purchase, I dont celebrate it either and I got him as part of a larger order. Also, he is only $2 cheaper than Tailgate yet has no Targetmaster partner - I reckon they could have dropped his price a buck more.

I don't know why the Collector Cards went to the trouble (and expense) of having different character art to the packaging art, but some of them are so different (like Windcharger), that the Collector Card doesn't even represent the toy.
    The Collector Card art has the front of the car being his robot chest, while the toy and backing card art has the front of the car behind the head.
    If people aren't going to care enough to notice, why bother paying for extra artwork, when it could be spent on something more useful on the toy, and just have the packaging art on the card.

The artwork is from the Legends game (with a bit of IDW, I think), hence the slavishly G1 Drag Strip. They must have had new art done for Alpha Bravo and Offroad, though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

From what I saw before I stopped playing the game, most of the Legends artwork was based on the current toy designs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the card's artwork is based on the RTS/United Windcharger design (have still to open this guy up, and can't see the card in packet properly)

This guy won't replace United Windcharger for me, so im not sure if I'll keep, or give to my partner's nephew...

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I just pre-ordered all the CW legends, not realising that he was even in this wave... The RTS version is certainly better (actually a lot of the RTS and ROTF scouts were even better than the AOE deluxes... shh)-the lack of any real weapons (extra or sculpted) make him my least fav of the first wave, but not a bad figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I just pre-ordered all the CW legends, not realising that he was even in this wave... The RTS version is certainly better (actually a lot of the RTS and ROTF scouts were even better than the AOE deluxes... shh)-the lack of any real weapons (extra or sculpted) make him my least fav of the first wave, but not a bad figure.
    Out of all the legends figures, the lack of target master buddies hurts this guy the most. Thundercracker has his null rays, Bombshell his hand/blaster thingies and Powerglide can stick his arm up to show off his altmode missiles/bombs.

Windcharger has nothing

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Out of all the legends figures, the lack of target master buddies hurts this guy the most. Thundercracker has his null rays, Bombshell his hand/blaster thingies and Powerglide can stick his arm up to show off his altmode missiles/bombs.

Windcharger has nothing
    Windcharger can do Magneto style tricks with his arms. He doesn't need a gun

I don't really like Tailgate so not too keen to get this, but the grey chest looks more right than the red chested scout (which is a better over all toy)

Well I just did a side by side pic. Still like the first version due to it's size, but hey I like this as well... it may yet grow on me.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]