Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what's your opinion on MP Thundercracker

Default So what's your opinion on MP Thundercracker?

There you go Sky Shadow, I resisted the urge to call him MP-7 by his ID number. Anywho I'm basically concerned about the widespread issue of Thundercracker's, and indeed the reissued Skywarp's, misassembled chest panels, (the thing that contains his chest missles). After my rather irratating spell created by MP Magnus I haven't bought a single TakTom Transformer since. At any rate I'm curious as to how people handle it. Is it really that noticeable? Or could you turn a blind eye? I want to get some other opinions before throwing my money down the toilet like last time.
    Last edited by Adzma; 29th December 2008 at 06:20 PM.

I haven't gotten mine yet but I fear opening it once I do due to the lack of QC. I hope that if there is anything wrong with it that its within my ability to fix.

I'm very happy with my MP Thundercracker. I find it's the best quality of all my MP Seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm very happy with my MP Thundercracker. I find it's the best quality of all my MP Seekers.
    Good you seem to be a lucky one as a couple of people have been burned here with factory errors. The issue isn't really the quality of the figure itself its more if the guy looking out for factory assembly errors didn't fall asleep on the job

I have a few issues with mine though really they aren't that bad.
    The thing is it just needed a bit of care from the factory dude applying the paint. I mean all that was needed to do was just shake the paint up more and move it from side to side. It's got to be down to training or QC procedures. Or these dudes are under greater pressure to crank it out. Who knows?
    Also when I got MP Skywarp I was actually surprised at how great the finish was and telling people this.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I haven't gotten mine yet but I fear opening it once I do due to the lack of QC. I hope that if there is anything wrong with it that its within my ability to fix.
    +1. So far the MP Skywarp and Starscream I got is good, no flaws that will bug me, so Im hoping Cracker would be too. If he does its more of hoping its not noticeable, only minor ones , something one can live by with.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 29th December 2008 at 04:56 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    +1. So far the MP Skywarp and Starscream I got is good, no flaws that will bug me, so Im hoping Cracker would be too. If he does its more of hoping its not noticeable, only minor ones , something one can by with.
    Skywarp and Starscream are from when Takara was still Takara. People may have issues with Greenscream (I certainly do) but those are purely design choice issues from the plastic to the paint used.

Now they are Tak-Tom, the difference is very noticeable not in design or paint applications but someone not making sure that the paints are properly applied or that the toy is properly assembled or without defective pieces.
    Last edited by kup; 29th December 2008 at 04:56 PM.

Hmm I'm still not sold on the idea. If only fans would protest against TakTom's lack of detail in full. Transformers are an expensive hobby, if something like this happened with Warhammer for arguements sake, people would not stand for it.

I have no problems with either my TC or reissue UM. Only flaw in Magnus is a little warping on the chest. Can't even see it unless your looking for mess ups.

Only thing I have against the seekers is the wobbly leg syndrome they ALL have. It's very annoying when attempting to pose them.

my opinion???

thanks for asking, no ones asked for my opinion since the black september incident

well i only have 2 mps, so im glad for others that want all the jets

other then that i cant really gomuch further