Thread: Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default Nothing's Gonna Stand In Our Way!

So, tonight I found out that in the original 1986 Transformers: The Movie, the song "Nothing's gonna stand in our way" was performed by a band called Kick Axe who, apparently without their knowledge, had their name changed to Spectre General for the Credits.

But the kicker is, the song is actually a Cover version of a JOHN FARNHAM song from a film called Savage Streets. Yes, our very own Farnsey! It's so weird listening to a Farnham version of a TF song (even though it was the original by no less than 2 years).

Small world!

It's a great song. I still love the soundtrack for the 80's metal songs that are on it. And quite often when one of the songs comes up on my ipod, my whole train knows it hahahaha.

There's a covers band called Cybertronic Spree that covers the whole soundtrack live. Dressed as Transformers no less. And the woman who sings Instruments absolutely nails it

For a while I've wanted to dub over the scene in TFTM with the Farnham version to see how if it would work.

That's great.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Farnsey was known as traveling music in my family. We used to do the trip from SA to VIC and back again at least 3 times a year. My sister brought all her tapes in the car and that's all we'd listen to for 10 hours straight. I don't think I could listen to him again without having seizures.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'd forgotten all about this one, but I found that it was mentioned some 6 years ago here, while I was searching for the other link I discovered that John Farnham has to Transformers - which was Stan Bush two years ago recording another one of his 1980s songs, called "Thunder in your Heart".

Obviously the one on the 1986 Movie soundtrack is a more direct link, but it shows that Farnham's recordings have traversed the globe enough to end up being directly and indirectly related to Transformers.